discussions specific to the 906 Paso
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: I have a bad feeling about this

Post by paso750 »

Are the coils an easy-replace?
just fyi. Dyna coils have a diameter of 52mm and a mounting hole distance (depending on which holes you use) of 9 or 10cm.

G.
Mobius
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: I have a bad feeling about this

Post by Mobius »

My Bud's 906 is destined for the track, and not for the street. He currently races a "bucket" out at Ruapuna, but wants something that will cost more, and hurt him more, both financially and physically - when he high-sides it. :P

My bike appears to be riding extremely well now and the weather is definitely a plus: no scarf, jacket undone half way - summer gloves... The Tyres seem to be very sticky indeed. Even sedate riding around town gets them fairly warm, and they are very soft and sticky when warm/hot. (I recall vividly the consistency of my old Michelin A59/M59 combination on my old Gixer back in the 80s, and these tyres are WAY more sticky/soft. They really do appear to be a quantum leap ahead of the old rubber I rode 20 years ago.

I now have most of my "riding legs" back I think - but tempered with the knowledge I can actually be killed/maimed fairly easily. I can say that in situations where the old Michelins would give up, these tyres keep gripping, and if the back lets go a little, it is very undramatic to reign in.

I try to use my back brake in combination with my fronts, and have managed to lock up the rear a few times, and it does feel to me as if I should be able to break a bit harder before it locks - but I guess when I do that the front suspension is down a long way, and the weight is mostly on the front wheel anyway... I'm not losing too much sleep over it - given my old-fart riding style these days.

I have ordered a set of the improved starter cables which seem to be almost necessary for a 906.

I'm off for a ride over to Akaroa in 10 minutes. That's a fantastic combination of open road with straight sections and big sweepers on the flats, and then into some tight windy hill-roads. Monday mid-day - so the traffic should be light.

"I promise officer I never went over 100km/h!" ;)
How many escape pods are there? "None, Sir!" You counted them? "Twice, Sir!"