how much oil

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
formand

how much oil

Post by formand »

at my new paso 906 am i confused about the oil level in the oil level glass there is a top line an a bottom line and there is a littel poster that says
"MAX" whit an indication at bottom line
sorry my english i'am danish
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

There is no line on the glass on my 750, formand, but the oil level should be across the middle of the glass, I think. It is very importand to make sure the bike is standing absolutely level when you check the oil level. I put a carpenter's level (which has a bubble in fluid) across the feet of the centre stand to be sure.

Don't worry about your English - it looks good enough to me!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

my 906 has the same "MAX" oil indicator @ the bottom of the site glass. I can't figure it out either :confused: I always fill to mid way between the top & bottom lines on the glass & always check it with the bike OFF the centre stand. I think it holds about 3 litres like this. (I would have to check to confirm) It motors on nicely with no problems
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Me, I just fill mine to the top line...............
(Hi Red - I'm back - internet connection at new house is not flash..............)
BTW - if only for a short lenght of time - whats better than owning a Paso....... :D :D :roll:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Duck, I don't think there is anything better than owning a Paso, but if you have to spend some time away from one I am assuming you are not in the market for another Ducati just now :sad:

However if you are looking for solid transport that will prove exceptionally reliable & versatile I can highly recommend the BMW K100RS, there are plenty of them around (at least there is here in OZ) & you can't kill them with a stick! you should be able to pick one up for a couple of grand ( I asume $NZ are similair to $OZ). Don't be worried of they have a few K's on the clock as long as they look tidy they should be fine. I have owned mine since 1989 & traveled well over 100,000 Km on her with nothing but smiles. you also don't have to worry about lubing the chain & adjustments in that area either. They have a fantastic luggage system & good protection form the elements behind the fairing. (The RT has the bigger screen but the RS is very effective as well & looks a lot better). Mine has the 8-valve motor from 1984 & it is certianly not a slow bike & is more than adequate on the twisties! If you replace teh ugly square exhaust with a Staintune they sound great as well. :cool:

That is my recommendation. There are several members on this site that also garage a K-Series so they are likely to be a bike that will suit you. Your Paso has been spotted in the Classifieds so I hope you are not without 2 wheels for long my friend :thumbup:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

He has already bought a 907, cuz!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

yeah I just realised that reading another topic. Goodto see he is still in the Paso way :thumbup:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Will I stay or will I go...............906 or 907 - enie meenie.......... :confused: :confused:
While on the subject of oil - ain't fuel getting expensive?? (Or is it just a case of NZ propping up the resta the world at the moment, cos its certainly rising in cost here!!)
Pajero V6 is also going to be looking for a new home if it does'nt stabilise in price shortly!!
jomo

Post by jomo »

Duck01,

Hate to be the opposition (I don't mind really, the banter is good).

I think fuel is the cheapest part of motoring! I spend ythe same on tyres per 1000K as I do on fuel. Then there's registration, insurance, servicing, repairs. At least the fuel will get you somewhere. Now if we could get rid of tax and state duties???
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250