motolectric

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
wup
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

motolectric

Post by wup »

In going to buy these cables, there are three types of 906 pasos listed: early type a, early type b, and type c. Mine is a '90 with a vin zdm1jb4l6lb000342. Anyone know which bike is mine? They don't seem to answer their emails.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: motolectric

Post by higgy »

The difference in the kits is due to the different locations of the starter solenoid and the positive battery terminals between the various manufacturing dates of the 906. You can rest assured Mike will discuss this with you when ordering to make sure you get the proper length kit. I have them on both my 906 and 907. They are first rate in quality and performance I think I still have some documentation,if I find it I'll pm it along for you so that you can figure it out before ordering if you feel the need.

BTW it was on one of my bikes Mike and I discovered another variation. Mike took care of the issue at his expense and very quickly. This guy is one of the very best vendors I have ever had the privilege to work with. :thumbup:

Motolectric, Eastern Beaver and Venhill are all 5 star gold vendors. Right up there with Steve Allen of Bevel Heaven.
Not to knock at others there are many fine vendors of interest to all of us Pasochist,but these guys stand above the crowd in every way.
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Wup,

Can confirm what Higgy says, the Motolectric kit is top quality and is a straight fit.
Cheers,
Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Not only are Motolectric awesome to deal with, before you order your part, they will send you a bunch of photos, so you can positively identify which exact kit you need.

I am stoked with my starter upgrade, and installing it was very simple, even for a fool like me, to whom electrons are more like magic. :)

Protip: terminate the cable ON the motor, not the frame., and replace the earth strap with something ultra grunty.
How many escape pods are there? "None, Sir!" You counted them? "Twice, Sir!"
wup

Post by wup »

Thanks Higgy,

Got the cables on a couple of weeks ago, huge difference! She actually starts now!