New member from Finland

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
anttobjork
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

New member from Finland

Post by anttobjork »

Gentlemen, Ladies

I must say that as a very "new" owner of a 906 Paso it feels like quite a jackpot to have found your pages.

We recently (today to be honest) purchased our first Ducati together with my wife, and for some reason we ended up with a 1990 Ducati 906 Paso. The model has caught my eye before but they are quite rare here up north and therefore I was not sure if I would ever be able to find one.

The one that we now own had been for sale at a local motorcycle shop for ower a year, and it did not really interest me a first since the previous owner has slightly modified it a bit in the front (as you will see from the pictures). I did however go and take it for a spin, and after that I was sold!

It is a considered to be a "project bike" and the goal in the long run is to restore it to it's original glance and hopefully to give us memorable rides for many years to come!

Fortunately I got the original headlight together with the bike, will probably replace the two small ones this winter.

I kinda like the look of the orginal silencers better then the Remus ones, but unfortunately the sound is not so exiting (these were fitted this afternoon before we took a ride together since the Remus system (next picture) does not at the moment allow for the passanger feet rest to fitted.

The sound of the engine from these babies can NOT be described (although I assume all of you here might have a clue) :)

The first (and hopefully only thing) that will be done this summer is a small rebuild of the Remus system to fit the passenger feet rest (besides routine maintenance of course).

Cheers

Andreas
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: New memeber from Finland

Post by higgy »

Welcome Andreas :cool:
Does your wife ride as well ?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

Thank you!

No, not yet anyway :)
higgy wrote:Welcome Andreas :cool:
Does your wife ride as well ?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Andreas, welcome.
Definetely a good idea to bring the bike back to original. I`ve seen worse but at least it looks well done.
Did the bike have any damage or why was it completely repainted incl the rims ?

G.
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

Thank you!

To be honest I don't know. I have not yet been able to figure the history of the bike out, but I have the contact information of some of the previous owners and also the register number of the bike before it was brought to Finland, so I hope that I will be able to figure it out.

Cheers
paso750 wrote:Andreas, welcome.
Definetely a good idea to bring the bike back to original. I`ve seen worse but at least it looks well done.
Did the bike have any damage or why was it completely repainted incl the rims ?

G.
Harry
year: 1989

Re: New member from Finland

Post by Harry »

Good on you for your purchase , i have owned my Paso for about 8 months and love it even it she does have some quirks lol. Enjoy your ride :thumbup:
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

Thanks, I just came in from a three hour ride and I just love this bike more and more the more I use it!! :)
Harry wrote:Good on you for your purchase , i have owned my Paso for about 8 months and love it even it she does have some quirks lol. Enjoy your ride :thumbup:
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by 907pasonut »

comgratulations with your purchase Andreas, by looking at the pic the front fairing/twin light setup doesnt look too bad :thumbup:
like a lot of other paso, the rear mud guard got chopped off, and the number plate is sort of hanging in the breeze, I personally think the original look is better.
nice bike, enjoy :beer:
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
pasoist
year: 1988

Post by pasoist »

Welcome to the forum.

So it was you who bought that one.

I remember it being for sale for some time by the previous owner, who finally took it to the store you bought it from and traded it for something else.

I thought about making a purchase of the bike myself, but luckily for you the distance was too much for me and never got to checking the bike out.

BTW, if you dont need the Remus cans, I could buy them from you. I need replacement silencers for my 750. The originals are a bit rusty and I want to restore them. Anyhow it would be nice to be able to ride the bike while servicing the silencers
nnnnnnorman
year: 1991

Post by nnnnnnorman »

long live the 906! :D :) :thumbup: :cool:
1990 906 paso red and white
1991 906 paso black and gold
1997 ST2 red
2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

Hi

I also noticed the bike quite long ago. I did however try to find an "original" one at first, but since it turned out to be quite hard I ended up with this one.

I think I'll keep the cans for now, in a way they "spice up" the presence of the bike quite a bit due to the sound.

Thank's for not puchasing the bike :)

By the way, do you have any idea regarding how many Paso's still "in action" here in Finland? I

Cheers

pasoist wrote:Welcome to the forum.

So it was you who bought that one.

I remember it being for sale for some time by the previous owner, who finally took it to the store you bought it from and traded it for something else.

I thought about making a purchase of the bike myself, but luckily for you the distance was too much for me and never got to checking the bike out.

BTW, if you dont need the Remus cans, I could buy them from you. I need replacement silencers for my 750. The originals are a bit rusty and I want to restore them. Anyhow it would be nice to be able to ride the bike while servicing the silencers
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

!! :)
nnnnnnorman wrote:long live the 906! :D :) :thumbup: :cool:
anttobjork

Post by anttobjork »

The modification is made ok, and it has taken a while to get used to. I still think however that I'll have it restored to its original charm :)
907pasonut wrote:comgratulations with your purchase Andreas, by looking at the pic the front fairing/twin light setup doesnt look too bad :thumbup:
like a lot of other paso, the rear mud guard got chopped off, and the number plate is sort of hanging in the breeze, I personally think the original look is better.
nice bike, enjoy :beer:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

By the way, do you have any idea regarding how many Paso's still "in action" here in Finland?
Well there´s another Finn here (not lately however), Antti. He owns three. Two 907ies and a P750 so be happy you found one. He probably has the others :)

G.
pasoist
year: 1988

Post by pasoist »

paso750 wrote:
By the way, do you have any idea regarding how many Paso's still "in action" here in Finland?
Well there´s another Finn here (not lately however), Antti. He owns three. Two 907ies and a P750 so be happy you found one. He probably has the others :)

G.
There´s at least three 750´s more (two of them are for sale currently in a Finnish online service) and I have one. Also there´s a one 906 that i´ve seen a couple of times on the road here in southern Finland and one 906 that´s for sale currently. And there was one 907ie for sale about a year ago.

So four 750´s, three 906´s and three 907ie´s for certain. Maybe/probably more?