Battery charge warning light

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Giscard
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Battery charge warning light

Post by Giscard »

The only unresolved issue with my Paso is the battery charge warning light. All the others on the dashboard work but not this one. There is no light when the ignition is switched on and nothing happens when the engine is running. I have checked the alternator output at the battery and this is charging nicely. I have been told that the bike has the updated electronic control unit and that this required modification to the wiring loom.
I would like to try to find out why the light is not functioning but do not have a clue which wires I should be looking at. The wiring diagram does not help me although others may find it easy to understand.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Which wires should I be looking at so that I can at least verify all the wires are intact.

Thanks for any help.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: Battery charge warning light

Post by Mc tool »

I know that some of the available reg/rect do not have provision for a charge light
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
streetsurfer
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by streetsurfer »

Bulb good?
Giscard

Post by Giscard »

Thanks for the comments. I found several wires that were taped up near the regulator/rectifier. I stripped the end of the light blue wire, which I eventually tracked down as the right wire, and the light came on when I touched the battery positive. So as Mc Tool said my replacement regulator does not have provision for the battery charge light.

One less thing to worry about. I think the bike is nearly ready for my first spin around the block.