discussions specific to the 906 Paso
RiTo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: 906 back to the road

Post by RiTo »

higgy wrote:Guess that makes you the water pump expert now :beer: :beer:
congrats.........
Great to be an expert on some Ducati related stuff. 8)
persempre907 wrote:I'm really sorry to have given you a bad info .Really, the late 906's engines are very similar to the 907's ones.The first does'nt.Anyway, I hope you manage to fix your bike.Ciao
No worries, I was fully aware that the water pump could be wrong when I ordered it, but I thought it was the best shot. After I got the first pump I was actually looking for 907 side cover, but by chance I stumpled on the right 906 pump. I just posted the picture that someone else could get info from here about the different pumps.
Mobius wrote:Make your own oil gasket! Even yours truly, with 8 thumbs and two fingers managed to make an oil gasket for the water pump and the engine case in under 30 minutes, using a sheet of gasket material.
I think my english was a little bad on there, actually I am waiting for oil seals for the water pump shaft. I can make lots of stuff but I think these would take more than thirty minutes. :thumbup:
-Harri
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

The 907ie waterpump rotor #25120021A is the same as on
851 1991-92
888 1994-95
996 2005
ST4S 2005

A bit late but I just stumbled over this info ;)

G.
RiTo

Post by RiTo »

I just drove the first kilometers with her and... WOW. Still some things to do before she is ok, timing belts need to be replaced since I don't know how old they are. Fairings are still off and the front indicators need new new lenses, luckily I have some spares from Cagiva Freccias that I have dismanteled.

-Harri
RiTo

Post by RiTo »

First trip with Paso is now over, I drove about 300 kilometers without any major concerns. Great trip,went to see trackday for classic motorcycles, midsummer airshow and visited some friends. There are still many minor things to fix.

-Cooling fan is not working, I had some bad times in long queues coming back from the airshow, gauge was showing over hundred and I had to struggle to keep the engine from overheating.
-Some charging issues, when the lights are off or in park everything works fine. When I turn lights on bike shuts down after a while. I measured the voltage and lights off/parking it reads somewhere between 14 and 15, but when I turn the lights on voltage raises to 15-16. Very strange :banghead:
-Sidestand is missing a spring, I had to tie it to the frame to keep it from dragging the ground.
-Idle is over 3000 when the engine is warm, throttle cable seems to stick a little.
-Fairings could use a bit of polishing, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. This bike has had a rough life and I thing it's ok for the bruises to show.

I know some of you might think this is a wreck but just to inform you I enjoyed every minute riding and by the looks of side standers they appreciated it too 8)

-Harri
romus
year: 1990

Post by romus »

RiTo wrote:throttle cable seems to stick a little
Try pushing the rubber handgrip up a bit harder. I find it slowly slides down over time and then rubs against that metal end piece. The only other thing I watch for is that (can check when fairings off) the spring over the cable isn't rubbing against anything like a fuel pipe.
Warwick - on a learning curve and on a
Ducati Paso - Soul of a thoroughbred :P
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Could also be an intake manifold leak. I had the same thing on my Sport. previous owner used silicone instead of a new o-ring on the intake flange. Gasoline destroys silicone after some time, and the as the air leak got worse, the idle climbed higher. Replace the proper o-rings and it idles like a champ when hot or cold.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.