Oil for 906 paso

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Oil for 906 paso

Post by Mc tool »

The seat ? Im pretty sure its been recovered at some stage , but I have seen another (when they were new ) that had a red seat so now really sure . My seat cover has a lot of staples holding it on underneath . Shit they are a good lookin bike ..... must get mine going again ( comming up to 6 years off the road now ), only needs painted but it seems that everything else gets done 1st . The real problem is that I can't paint for shit and that means paying someone else to do it , and some how the money always gets diverted to whatever mania Im suffering at the time :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
jayh
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Oil for 906 paso

Post by jayh »

The mobil one v twin,I think it was 20w50, was way to thick for my 750,an instant loss of free revving and sluggish,I had to dilute it with some castrol 4t ,to make it useable.The difference was so dramatic that I was afraid of causing damage,and it was too expensive to throw away.I would have thought it would be a poor option in the 906's as well.It's really thick like syrup to pour when its cold.I think it must be designed for harleys ? J.