F C R's

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

F C R's

Post by Mc tool »

Does anyone out there know a bit about these beasts . I just scored a pair of 41's ( actually think Ive been ripped off ). They are split and there is only one accellerator pump ( on the front carb ) and a small hose linking it to the back carb , which sorta makes sense, just that all the pix I have seen show one pump per carb
The other issue is that there seems to be a bit of wear in the throttle shaft/ carb body ... is there a replacable bush in there ? And where do you get o/haul kits (every time I look for any sort of FCR kit I get install kits inc carbs for various bikes ) I need float bowl seals acellerator pump seal and diaphram and the little piece of plastic that sits above the ball valve in the acc pump . These carbs were supposed to be newly overhauled before I got them , but plainly havn't and as Im sick and tired of being fucked about and lied to Ill just sort them myself . If any one can point me to a service manual or even a decent parts diagram I be grateful :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: F C R's

Post by higgy »

Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Thanks Higgy . I had found both of those , not sure if it was before or after I posted. I spose I should give em a try before anything else, just gotta sort some filters . Thanks Higgy
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

You`ll find my collected info here
http://www.box.com/s/329ay6zzob9yspyisl01
(the link was fixed)

G.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Yahooo! thanks G, this will keep me busy for a while :) . Bit of a story
I bought them un seen ( and stupidly assumed they would be a joined pair like the mikuni's ) and was told by the seller that he would " re kit/overhaul them , I then waited 7 months for parts to turn up ( usual for him , just doesn't order/ forgets to order then blames suppliers ), finally went in and threw a wobbly and got the carbs , seperate , and obviously never been worked on , but by then I didnt care . And now , lookin at these things Im wondering just how practical they would be on a street bike and Im thinkin I'll just go with the original plan to fit the SS mikunis to the paso , just gotta sort some sort of air filter(s) for them.
Thanks again for the info G , much appreciated :) :) :)
Hamish
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Desmo_Demon »

Mc tool wrote:They are split and there is only one accellerator pump ( on the front carb ) and a small hose linking it to the back carb , which sorta makes sense, just that all the pix I have seen show one pump per carb..............

And where do you get o/haul kits (every time I look for any sort of FCR kit I get install kits inc carbs for various bikes ) I need float bowl seals acellerator pump seal and diaphram and the little piece of plastic that sits above the ball valve in the acc pump .
I bought a set of float bowl needle jets for the leaking ones on my Bimota from California Cycleworks (http://www.ca-cycleworks.com). I believe Chris Kelly (the owner) can get you anything you probably want for those carbs.

As for the connected ones and having two accelerator pumps, the ones on my Bimota only has one accelerator pump and has the crossover hose to the other carb. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the carbs, but you can see that the one float bowl that is pictured does not have an accelerator pump on it and you can see the hose still attached...

2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Thanks for that desmo demon , I have seen that site b4 but I lost it . I will give him a bell and see . Thanks
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Desmo_Demon »

Mc tool wrote:Thanks for that desmo demon , I have seen that site b4 but I lost it . I will give him a bell and see . Thanks
Always glad to be able to help, when I can.
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)