Tyres - what would you advise - need help!

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Andy

Tyres - what would you advise - need help!

Post by Andy »

Hi everyone - first time posting on this forum so please bear with me :)

My 906 Paso is just going through, or should I say failed, it's MOT :( It's only a couple of small jobs to get it passed so that's no problem :)

The big problem is that my front tyre doesn't have much wear left in it and pretty soon will be down to the legal limit. The rear Michelin is fine and has only just been fitted, in fact I have two unused rear Michelin M59's stored in the attic so rear rubber is not a problem. But, there's no way you can get hold of a new front Michelin A59.

So, the question is: what can I put on the front?
Forget the 17" route - can't afford it :(
To keep with a Michelin radial I could fit a Michelin Commander II 130/90/16 by fitting spacers to the front mudguard (fender) but is the difference in height too much?
Could I use another well known branded tyre instead of the Commander II?
What about a new correctly sized tyre from GOLDENEYE or MAXXIS? (There's a company called SAVA that do a scooter tyre, and it only costs £22, but the reviews on that companies tyres are poor - so that's a no-no).

I don't do many miles on the bike (about 3000 a year - dependant on weather, arthritis and which bike I choose to go on that day etc.) so high end performance is not an issue. :cool:

So, there you go, my first post and dragging up an old favourite - but any advice would be most welcome :)

Ta, Andy
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Tyres - what would you advise - need help!

Post by persempre907 »

The first choice is a 130/70 16" fitted on the Hondas Fireblade and Hornet.
So, you have a good choice of front tires.
If you can wait a bit, there is a tyres' factory which is building some tyres on stock Paso measures.
You can read it on the forum.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019