Rear Footpeg fix

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Harry
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Rear Footpeg fix

Post by Harry »

Hello people. I went for a ride on the Paso the other day and noticed that the passenger pegs are not staying up when not in use they vibrate down within a minute of start up, is there any fix for this. This is the first time i have ridden this year and they were not a problem last year. It has just started to happen. Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Re: Rear Footpeg fix

Post by Mc tool »

They are held up by a spring loaded ball that locates the peg . Pull it to bits and clean all the crap out , and I put mine back together with really stiff grease ( like tar twere ) . If they are really floppy the pivot holes can be drilled/filed to fit a larger pin ( 11/32" ) , as can the locating bearing hole , same for the main pegs . If they are getting a bit saggy/ loose its well worth the effort. Check also where the peg bears against the bracket ..... sometimes a few wacks with a hammer ( dissassemble 1st ...... the peg not the hammer ) can reshape the ally so as to reduce the sag. If you do try to reshape ally make sure you have the work well anchored and use a large punch . By placing the end of the punch on the lump you want to flatten your gauranteed of actually hitting the bit you want .... not the bit next to it :D . If you make cleaning / regreasing a yearly event you will drastically reduce the wear in the pivot holes
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Harry
year: 1989

Post by Harry »

Thanks Mc Tool that will be the project in the morning while im waiting out a cyclone here in WA cheers
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Harry wrote:Thanks Mc Tool that will be the project in the morning while im waiting out a cyclone here in WA cheers
A cyclone :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ???
Stay indoor. Good luck!!!
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport

Post by ducinthebay »

If the detent ball is completely knackered, bring the parts to a decent bicycle shop and they will get you a ball bearing that will fit.
Like McTool said, take it apart, clean it up, pack it with thick waterproof grease to have it live a long and happy life. Don't spray the footpeg pivot directly with water when cleaning.

Cheers,
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Harry wrote:Thanks Mc Tool that will be the project in the morning while im waiting out a cyclone here in WA cheers
yeah ! certainly worth waiting for :).....ohc V twin too !
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time