Replacement Fuel Pump

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Harry
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Replacement Fuel Pump

Post by Harry »

After my last ride i noticed that my fuel pump wasnt running as it should so i am thinking it is time to replace the original. It would seem to me after searching the web that i cannot get a new original fuel pump so i would like to know what other brands of fuel pumps Paso owners have used when replacing theres and any tips and tricks i need to no when making the swap. Thanks Harry.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Replacement Fuel Pump

Post by paso750 »

You can replace the electrical one with a vacuum fuel pump from a Supersport/Monster, Cagiva Elefant, Yamaha TDM/TRX, Suzuki SV650.
It`ll solve the issue of the too high fuel pressure, hence you won`t need a fuel pressure regulator neither. If I knew, I sent Lane one some weeks ago. I still have one left. (Thinking of it I may still have an electrical one also)

G.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hey thanks for the info bro. If you want to sell the vacum pump let me no by pm and we will arrange how to go about the transaction. Lol the second to last ride i had was with Lane and the next day the pump failed. I am at work at the moment which sees me away from home until the 28th of March so it would be a few weeks off before i could make a deal with you, unless my wife back at home could make an electronic cash transfer but let me know if you want to sell and how much and i will be in contact. Thanks Harry
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

Check your fuel filter, as they can become so clogged they will stop the flow of gas, and destroy your fuel pump. If you don't know when it was last replaced, its probably time.

Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

not only your fuel pump ..your stator as well :banghead: and you ignition switch and almost every other electrical component you have :idea:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the advice guys the fuel filter was changed at xmas time , i no it the fuel pump because when i rode home and pulled the tank and fairings off and tried the pump it is not running at all.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

have you tried to connect it directly to 12V ?
I`ve seen broken pumps because the owner put the fuel filter behind it :lol: :banghead: