Crashed the 906

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
romus
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Crashed the 906

Post by romus »

higgy wrote:Don't "think I have a fairing stay" But I can cut the entire neck form my spare no problem. I most likely have all you need except the stay but as you state shipping is the issue
let me know
It's okay Higgy, I found a 'supposedly' good second hand frame and fairing stay from a bike wrecker in an other Australian city. Once I secure that with a deposit, I'll be committed to a rebuild. I'll pm you about the other parts. Your considerations are much appreciated.
Warwick - on a learning curve and on a
Ducati Paso - Soul of a thoroughbred :P
romus

Post by romus »

muxey wrote:sorry to hear the bad news, if you do rebuild I have a 750 paso quite a few bits I used the motor in a racer,
Just sold a mirror to aus, dont want a lot for anything thats left if it helps.
I have sent you a PM. Cheers.
Duc906
year: 1989

Post by Duc906 »

Romus, Sorry to here about your accident, good to here that your ok though.
I have a used spare radiator that I don't need, happy to part with it.
When I was looking for a mirror for my bike recently I contacted this mob while I was searching, couldn't help me out but they did say that they had some parts for the Paso.

Brisbane Motorcycle Spares & Repairs
3 Spine St, Sumner Park Qld 4074[/i]Ph: 0418 745 338
bmsbikes@yahoo.com.au
romus

Crashed 906 slowly coming together - progress report

Post by romus »

Here is a pic of progress so far since I crashed my 906 wiping out the front end n tank (except forks are ok) and bending the frame.

Since the frame was bent near the head I got another second hand frame. So far:
- bought lots of second hand parts, including a frame, an almost perfect tank, a brand new wiring loom, new pistons, and mikunis*
- repainted frame.
- rebuilt steering head bearings.
- put in two new pistons and rings.
- put some paint on the engine (a bit rough, but it looks good at 3 feet).
- painted tripple tree and front forks
- painted hubs.
- engine into frame.
- swingarm swapped over.
- resort front fender with new bolts (was a bit out of shape).
- radiator on

* I've worked a lot on the webbers and got them going well, but got tired of resetting them when the weather changed. Anyway, I am a bit of a fiddler, so I'm going to try the mikunis and see how they are comparatively.

Now I am up to getting the new wiring loom in.

Best find to let those in Australia know: I found this paint and it is really good stuff for the frame, engine and forks (kbs-aquaklean - kbs-rustblast - kbs-motorcoater-engine-enamel - Gloss Black). There is a sampler kit that provides enough paint. For my hubs I used a spray can of kbs-fusion-self-etching-primer - sanded and brushed - kbs-diamond-finish-white. I got a few runs from my hand painting, but it seems to set nice and hard and has a good gloss. I have worked with paint over the years and this stuff in just great.
http://www.kbs-coatings.com.au

And here she is all finished. Cost me about 6K. Looks like new. These pics are without the fairings because it shows off the work :-) You might notice, yes I had already converted to 17 inch wheels.