906 Decal Sets

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
PhillyPaso
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

906 Decal Sets

Post by PhillyPaso »

I'm contemplating a repaint for my 906. But before I strip away the old decals, I need a recommendation from you, the collective wisdom, about from where to source a new set of decals. And yes, I used the search function before asking. All that turned up was an Australian who had a boat builder buddy who had a graphics program and a set up that produced vinyl decals. I am not that well connected, unfortunately.

I found The Image Works in the UK, http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm . They responded quickly to my inquiry and said that they could reproduce a complete set of decals for the 906 for £68, including postage to me here in the USA. So far, so good.

But before I commit, I would ask if any of you have had dealings with The Image Works? If so, what were your impressions?

Or, do any of you have another tried-and-true supplier for quality decals? Please let me know. Overseas is fine, so long as they take a credit card and can ship to me here in the USA.
Yes, it is the sidewalk. You got a problem with that?
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: 906 Decal Sets

Post by paso750 »

I think some of the guys bought these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/906-Paso-decal- ... 44&vxp=mtr

G.
PhillyPaso

Post by PhillyPaso »

Great. Thank you. eBay informs me that this seller might not sell to the USA. I've sent a note asking that very question. We'll see.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

These days there are shops on every corner can do the job

Did you get your miss sorted out ?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
PhillyPaso

Post by PhillyPaso »

Higgy! Yes, the Paso runs really, really well. New plugs, wires, and the Digiplex was fine after all. But it's always nice to have an NOS spare.

As for decals, what shops are we talking about? And how does Joe Shmoe's decal emporium scan our damaged originals? Obviously, I haven't a clue...

And once again, Kenric is having an open house. half a mile from my house. Am I going? Not in this downpour.... Sigh.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Glad to hear it was the usual issues :thumbup: I also have a spare digiplex just in case :beer: Have your tech put a relay in for the headlight,it will save you the trouble of finding a new ignition switch :thumbup:

Almost any of the graphics agencies around these days can scan your decals and make up new ones..But as G has said some of the guys have gotten very good sets from dogposture for a very good price and they are museum quality reproductions that the Ducati museum has been known to use

Me too on Kenricks, had enough rainy rides for a while maybe next month..........

PS almost finished with the 907, 906 is next in line to get finished,waiting on a stator repair, then the 750.....
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
900streetfighter

Post by 900streetfighter »

I'm in UK, I haven't used Image Works but have read good reports re:quality and accuracy about them in magazines and forums. The original decals were matt finish to be applied before lacquer.
Cheers, Keith.
Ducolaf

Post by Ducolaf »

I ordered at the Image Works, decal reproduced from pics I made in high resolution, using the paper IKEA measurement lint to give an indication to size and position.

Decals combined a golden line on the outside of the letter on a grey lettertype, all in italic. Looked great, good communication and good product as well. Sealed behind a blanc varnish on the bodypanels no pain since or fading of colour.

Kept the name in my files for future business, so that is a good sign.
If you realy look you will see that the whole world is Ducati Red. . .

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli
PhillyPaso

Post by PhillyPaso »

With the permission of Graham at The Image Works', I can let everyone know that the ebay seller known as The Reverend Dogposture and the company known as The Image Works are one and the same. The decal kits sold either directly or through ebay are the identical kit.

UK & EU customers have the option of buying the decals either on ebay or directly from The Image Works. North American customers can only buy the decals directly from The Image Works in the UK. Begin by going to The Image Works' site, enter and click CONTACT US. Two emails, a paypal session, and you're done. http://www.the-image-works.co.uk/

Apparently, Ducati North America has prevented The Reverend Dog Posture from fulfilling sales of the decal kits to customers in North America. This includes the USA, Canada and Mexico. However, if North American customers were to contact Graham at The Image Works directly, then you can conclude a purchase via PayPal. And you'd end up with the aforementioned museum quality decal kit our UK & EU brethren enjoy. I did it, and so far, so good.

Ducati's injunction to The Image Works seems to be in line with Ducati's active and passive efforts to choke off supplies of parts to anything built before 1992. Anyone who has tried to buy a part through a regular Ducati dealer will know that Ducati N.A. has advised their dealers to destroy all microfische and parts lists dating from 1991, on back. One or two enterprising dealerships continue to defy this directive, but they are in the minority.

I'll continue to support those dealerships and companies like The Image Works. Even though I love my Paso and if truth be told, all things Ducati, I certainly do not love what Ducati is doing against their own "heritage owners". We keep the flame alive in many respects. Besides, how would new owners really understand the depth of Ducati's engineering prowess through the years without our crusty old bikes around to illustrate the point?

Alas, that's the subject of another thread.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

higgy wrote:But as G has said some of the guys have gotten very good sets from dogposture for a very good price and they are museum quality reproductions that the Ducati museum has been known to use
I bought the 907's ones 3 years ago.
They are smaller than the stock ones.
I complained to dogposture and he told me he would have replaced them with the right ones.
I'm waiting...
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019