fuel pump / water mod.

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
redchubeka
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

fuel pump / water mod.

Post by redchubeka »

hi there, my 906 is ready!!!

still naked because I need to check if everything is ok ;-) but it sounds good!!

I have ready the water line mod. (with cbr600f cap) I must do that immediately to prevent tie cracking of the water tank? or I can ride it and wait....the water disaster.....

I can see on the engine and frame signs of water corrosion...and battery acid too....

do you know if there is some other caps that works great for this conversion?

I would like to buy a replacement for the fuel pump. do you know if there is one that can works fine without large mod. ?

ciao
Ducati Paso 906 grey 1990
Bmw K100rs 4v rot metallic 1992
Aprilia Tuareg Rally 1986
romus

Re: fuel pump / water mod.

Post by romus »

redchubeka wrote:hi there, my 906 is ready!!!
I have ready the water line mod. (with cbr600f cap) I must do that immediately to prevent tie cracking of the water tank? or I can ride it and wait....the water disaster.....
do you know if there is some other caps that works great for this conversion?ciao
I just rebuilt mine, since I wiped it off in a crash. In the pic I show two caps. One is a cbr600f cap, the other I got at the local automotive shop. It has 13/90 engraved on the top - if that helps. I think the main thing is that it is low pressure, which is what the 1.1 is, as I understand it.

I have a question too. I need a cap, for my water tank. It can be anything since it does not hold the pressure now. Maybe there is a cap website out there somewhere or I'll just keep checking bottles until I find one the right size :-)
Warwick - on a learning curve and on a
Ducati Paso - Soul of a thoroughbred :P
redchubeka

Re: fuel pump / water mod.

Post by redchubeka »

I have a question too. I need a cap, for my water tank. It can be anything since it does not hold the pressure now. Maybe there is a cap website out there somewhere or I'll just keep checking bottles until I find one the right size :-)
I have just ordered two original caps....if you need one let me know, but I'm in Italy...you have to consider the shipping time
many thanks for your answer!
Ducati Paso 906 grey 1990
Bmw K100rs 4v rot metallic 1992
Aprilia Tuareg Rally 1986