906 exhausts

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
f1steveuk

906 exhausts

Post by f1steveuk »

I've just looked in the 906 gallery, and wondered what exhausts were fitted to James Dean's bike?, and if anyone has a list of exhausts that are suitable, and fit?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

They are STAINTUNES. Made here in OZ & sold worldwide. They sound truely AWESOME with a loud, deep rumble. They have remove-able restrictors if your part of the world is heavy on noisy bikes. They sound as good as they look.

There are a few others but Staintunes are probably most popular on the Paso. Probably not the cheapest but they will last forever & the smile everytime you fire it up justify's the expense.

Here's a link to the Staintune site. They do not specifically show the Paso pipes in the Ducati section but they are still available. There is also a list of international dealers.

http://www.staintune.com.au

Hope that has helped you decide
JD
:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

It ceratinly looks like they are the ones I should go for, thanks!
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

Hey red,

My Staintunes still aren't loud enough for me. I have trouble hearing them over the induction roar :cool: :evil:

I turn 50 in one week, and still think I am 20....does that mean I will think I am 40 when I turn 100?

BTW, just road registered my 370 Bultaco Metralla special yesterday. It is on club registration(limited use for club events and testing....heh heh). Just need time to take it out in anger. A real weapon.....now where will those Jap bikes be hiding on the twisty roads. Mental note: it wears 20 year old tyres.

P.S. Bultaco is loud enough!
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250