Think I need paddock stands?

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Think I need paddock stands?

Post by lane1feathers »

Got a front flat the other day :oops: Luckily I was only a km from home so I could ride it back...slowly. Went to take front wheel off for repair and realized I had prev. removed the centre stand.....d'oh. Had to get creative with some tie down straps and jacks from the cars :lol: A lot easier and quicker than taking all the fairings off and jacking from the frame.

I think my next purchase will be paddock stands :D

Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Think I need paddock stands?

Post by paso750 »

that`s not bad :)
I was using this in the past which I originally had made for pulling engine and tranny from my old Alfa. Unfortunately it wouldn`t fit inside the garage :mrgreen:
Attachments
DSCF2529.JPG
DSCF2529.JPG (164.13 KiB) Viewed 10008 times
lane1feathers

Post by lane1feathers »

Bought a rear today, will buy a front when I have more cash...they expensive :shock:

...now I can finally change the rear sprocket.... :mrgreen:
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hi Lane. Where did you get the stands from
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Hey Lane I have a very similar rear stand . I discovered that the swing arm will ever so slowly slide down the ( universal ) support rubber things until the rear wheel ( should it be fitted ) touches the ground , the SS was worse and I fitted a 4mm cap screw to the undersides of the swing arm to stop it sliding. Funny really coz I came into the w/shop one day and immediately noticed that the back wheel was on the ground and the whole plot felt unstable , vowed and declared never to leave it like that again......... few days later .... same thing , couldn't believe I'd left it like that again , but then one day , cleaning the chain I SAW the bastard move before my eyes . I really was starting to think someone was taking the piss...........pleased I never said anything :zip: :lol:
So watch out for that Lane , I might add that no amount of cleaning the relevant surfaces helped at all , hence the cap screws ..... fitted far enough up the swing arm underside so that when the forward edge of the rubber bracket was resting against the cap screw the access to the various adjusters was not compromised :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
lane1feathers

Post by lane1feathers »

G'day Harry, I got mine from the Kwaka shop in Wangara (Mach1?) If you buy one from the website Gerhard suggested I'd buy an Oxford one and it'll work out the same money with postage. The aluminum ones in the photo are for motocross/trail and are prob (imo) too lightweight for our heavy old girls and may not last as long. The Oxford stand I got is really robust. (Thanks for the link G.)
Thanks for the heads up Hamish, I did clean the underside of the swing arm before use but I can see how they would work their way up. In the meantime I might use wheel chocks! (OMFG...did I just say I'd use wheel chocks...OFFSITE...? Site Safety would be so proud of me right now :mrgreen: ) ...but seriously, a couple of small stones for the roller skate wheels and a 4x1 piece of pine behind the front tyre will work til I get the drill out.

Hey Harry, notice the mufflers? Look good huh? Sound fu...n' awesome. They're actually made for a Paso and fit better than the busted arse effort I did with the joiner pipes on the C/F ones! Got some braided brake lines and clutch line on the way too :thumbup: I've ordered some Evans waterless coolant along with a new temp sensor so I'll be busy this break. :D
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Harry

Post by Harry »

I did notice the cans mate very nice indeed. Ive done the Mikuni conversion on mine since I last saw you and cant believe whatba difference they have made.
lane1feathers

Post by lane1feathers »

They certainly do make it more rideable. A distinct lack of top end compared to the weber but so much happier in traffic. I don't push old Daisy to the limits anyway so it's no bother!
How's life down South? I bet you're loving the twisty country roads, just watch the 'roos!
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
bmw851
model: other
year: 1988

Post by bmw851 »

The other way instead of drilling holes is really heavy duty cable ties around each leg of the swingarm to stop it sliding back but only as a temp type arrangement, what Hamish wrote is similar to what happened with my Sport, thought there must be a poltergeist in the shed. :D

Ended up drilling and taping some holes and fitting 8 mm spools, but if someone had suggested the bolt underneath would have tried that 1st.

Cheers

Peter
So long, and thanks for all the fish...............

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

bmw851 wrote: thought there must be a poltergeist in the shed. :D Peter
Yeah ! I was well in detective mode ,all slit eyed an everything :D :lol: :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Harry

Post by Harry »

Yeh loving life in the South Lane and the roads are great havent seen to many skippys on the road but I have a shitload living around my house lol. Hey what size jets did you end up running in your Miks?
lane1feathers

Post by lane1feathers »

Check out the last page of my thread, "Mikuni experts, your answers please..." It has everything there. :thumbup: ...except since writing that I've been playing a bit and have my mixture screws in to 2/5 turns out, and needles down to 2nd gap from top (flat end) as my idle jets are a little big. This leans it out a bit more to get rid of the stumble on deceleration.
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso