New Ducatis not so reliable.

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

New Ducatis not so reliable.

Post by lane1feathers »

Went for a ride today with my mate who's got a Panigale. For once it wasn't Daisy that broke down :lol: (she's very reliable these days) but the Panigale!!
"Welcome to my world Al" I said :lol:
The gear position sensor was up the duff and was tricky to start (has to be in neutral to start) and wasn't registering neutral so we took it to Frazers Ducati (where he bought it new 800kms ago) as it was still under warranty, so if it wouldn't start he could leave it there and get a lift back with me. After sorting that out (all fixed) we went through to the showroom. A very young salesman approached and asked me if it was me who rode the loud blue Honda!....HONDA...indeed. I told him (rather indignantly) that it was actually a Paso. He had no idea a Paso was a Ducati until I led him out and showed it to him (I wanted to rub his nose in it) He didn't even know who Massimo Tamburini is (was) *RIP* I was disgusted :mad:
So anyway, I had a walk around the showroom and looked at the Desmosedici they had there....for $110,000.00!!!!!!!!! :shock: after getting back up off the floor, I headed out, jumped on the beast and headed for the beach. Good times :thumbup:

Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
fester
model: 900 SS

Re: New Ducatis not so reliable.

Post by fester »

It's surprising the new breed that know very little about ducatis history. I was surprised the number of guys on ducatims that knew nothing about the Supermono.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

The what ? :D
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
fester
model: 900 SS

Post by fester »

Mc tool wrote:The what ? :D
Sorry I forgot you New Zealanders are so far behind the rest of the world. You probably haven't read about them yet. :choo: :choo:

Apparently sometime before the era of the fuel injected Supersort Ducati made some other interesting bikes.
JWilliam

Post by JWilliam »

Plenty of trouble with the new Ducatis. The 1200 Multistrada has dropped con-rods on several occasions due, apparently, to incorrect tightening of con-rod bolts. The Panigale has a blipper throttle for downchange and if the gear sensor is confused it will rev the bike while you are slowing down. Many Ducati riders don't like the 4-valve head motors and prefer the economy and torque characteristics of the 2-valve head engines. Can't say I'm a fan of the modern chunky fairings.

Here is a link to the Panigale throttle warning
http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forum/threads/ ... ing.18912/
lane1feathers

Post by lane1feathers »

Thanks for that link J., I will pass it on to Al. :thumbup:
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....