Grose Jets

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Giscard
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Grose Jets

Post by Giscard »

Are the Grose jets no longer available for the Weber 44 DCNF. I have tried following up on contacts from this site but have failed miserably. I am based in the UK but accept that they will probably only be obtainable in the U.S. if at all.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Grose Jets

Post by paso750 »

what size are they ?
I replaced all parts in my Weber a few years back and had no problem finding them all.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/p ... tionID=135
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

From what I understand Mr Grose turned the biz over to his son a few years back and no one has heard from either of them since. You may still find one at antique carb shops in the UK and Canada

I believe they originally came from Stromburg back in the late 40's early 50's and had been "rediscovered by Mr Grose "in 1970

you may try D & G Valve Mfg. Co., Inc. on 8 Mt. Vernon Street,Stoneham, MA 02180
Phone (781) 438-1789
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Giscard

Post by Giscard »

Thanks for the feedback.
Paso 750 the link you gave refers only to needle valves, which I have a couple of. I thought I would see of the Grose jet was any improvement over that.
Higgy I had already found the D & G Vale Mfg Co but apart from Arlen Grose being named I could not locate an email address or a website. I have my doubts that it will be of much use to me as it appears a small operation. I will just have to stick with the needle valve.
ved

Post by ved »

you can try here.
last time, when i talked with him, he told me that he can get weber parts
English is no problem

http://www.shopssl.de/epages/es534287.s ... ontactForm
Giscard

Post by Giscard »

Hi ved. I emailed him but to date I have had no reply, which I take as product unavailable. Guess I will stick with the needle jet after all. Presumably the Grose jet was not universally accepted.
smartino67
year: 1989

Post by smartino67 »

Giscard wrote:Are the Grose jets no longer available for the Weber 44 DCNF. I have tried following up on contacts from this site but have failed miserably. I am based in the UK but accept that they will probably only be obtainable in the U.S. if at all.
I bought mine from moss-europe.co.uk (valve code GAC9201X) one month ago; I think they are still available at few pounds. I had many troubles with Weber due to the original needle valve. By reading this very useful forum I discovered these jets and their (on paper) benefits. Now, after replacing, I can confirm they work because they were able to solve most of carburation problems :thumbup: .
The purchased Grose jet doesn't fit perfectly because of :
1) different thread pitch (a little bit different, solved by using more layers of teflon to win the gap)
2) the height of jet body, greater than original valve (solved by adjusting float height)
This improvement, even if needs a few easy adjustings, wins 70-80% of Weber problems.
So, my suggestion is to try with them, in case you don't succeed in finding them elsewhere