How tall is too tall for a Paso?

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Wally2bags
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

How tall is too tall for a Paso?

Post by Wally2bags »

Hey, peeps.

I have just joined the forum, and this is my first post. Like so many others around, I just love the Paso, but have never owned or ridden one. Past rides have included Hondas, Kwakkers and Beemers. I've got a K1100RS at the moment and am very happy with it.

So, I have just found a 906 Paso that I am interested in, but I won't have the opportunity to try it before I buy it as I am away. I am considering buying it on 'spec' and taking a chance that it will work out nicely; it looks pristine. The only thing I am concerned about is whether it will prove to be too small for me. I'm a gangly 6'2 and a smidge tall (189cm) with longer than average legs. I have heard that the bike's ride position could prove a bit 'crampy' for a long legged bloke like me. Are there any taller than average Paso owners who could put this myth or truth to bed? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Wally.
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: How tall is too tall for a Paso?

Post by 900streetfighter »

907 might suit you better, they ride a bit higher with bigger wheels and longer forks. The riding position will be the same though and the are a bit cramped. You can fit lowered footrests or have a thicker seat made if necessary. I'm 31" inside leg and have no probs with standard setup.
Wally2bags

Post by Wally2bags »

Thanks, 900streetfighter, greatly appreciated.

I take a 35" inside leg for jeans etc. With wet-weather gear I need at least a 36" to account for the 'riding-up' of the leg.

Will keep my eye out for a 907.

Many thanks.
Norman38
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Norman38 »

If your seat was padded, it would be better. I have got it from Hornig it has helped me.
Bluey
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

To tall? I am 194cm and find the Paso a good fit to ride 900km in a day. Yes the leg position is almost sportsbike high but that has never troubled me and over a long distance the upright upper body is much easier than a sports bike.

I've always liked the way the leg recesses almost fit my legs naturally.... unlike most sporty bikes where my knees always seem to sit over the tank or bump into fairings.
Wally2bags

Post by Wally2bags »

Thanks, Bluey.

Reassuring that someone your height has no problems with ride position. As previously mentioned I have heard arguments to the contrary: Who knows where this information originated.

Once again, thanks for your input; greatly appreciated.

Wal.
MarkST
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by MarkST »

Wally2bags wrote:Thanks, Bluey.

Reassuring that someone your height has no problems with ride position. As previously mentioned I have heard arguments to the contrary: Who knows where this information originated.

Once again, thanks for your input; greatly appreciated.

Wal.
Likewise.

I acquired an in bits Paso so I've yet to sit on one. I'm 6'2'' and this thread was starting to give me concerns until you made that post Bluey.

Thanks.

Mark.
2004 ST4S
2001 ST4
1987 Paso 750