Your advice please guys !

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
steele

Your advice please guys !

Post by steele »

Now my paso is blue one of 100 in usa spec but it is getting a little worn lots of chips etc. Next year i am moving up from sprinting to Drag racing with the supertwins club( NAST) Where i am going to run inthe STM class which is for fairly heavily modified Streetbikes as in NITROUS, airshift ,dummy tank,lightrned in many ways etc i am thinking i should have a nice paint job would i really be spoiling things if i had the Gasopaso painted black what do you think :roll:
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

bah! paint it!

or...

get some spare body panels and keep the blue ones hanging from the rafters. I have considered doing this (getting a set off ebay) and doing a black bike.

my £.02
steele

Post by steele »

Now theres a thought i already have the dummy tank, however 906 panels seem pretty rare over here didnt we use to have a link to someone in the states who made body panels? Aero somebody ???
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by mike »

airtech. from what i understand, the quality is only so-so.
you should be able to use 750 panels with the exception of the front fairing piece...
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Mike,

won`t work. Side panels from 906 and 750 are different.
With some modifications the complete front incl. side fairings can be switched from 750 to 906 and vice versa. The main difference are the openings of the side coolers. Their size is different so this would need some work to make it fit. Bauke did this once.
Otherwise it shouldn`t be any problem. Btw. ebay once in a while offers used fairings.

Gerhard