Hello all

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
wazzawiseman
year: 0

Hello all

Post by wazzawiseman »

I brought my bike over six months ago, after buying it the bike wouldnt fire at all, and after moving islands ( i live in New Zeland where we have two big main islands) the bike went into the shop be looked at. I just recently got it back and rode it for the first time this week-end, where after telling them to fix the leak on the Hydrolic clutch they hadnt done, so in it went again......a couple of things though, when riding this after being cold it coughs and splutters for about 500mtrs and then its fine ( if ive read right this seems to be the normal thing for these?), also the other day (during the weeknd i took it out) i had to re-bleed the clutch so i could ride back home, the bike got tipped over a long way to fill up the reservour and after that it lacked power and upon retuning home i noticed that there was a lot of oil around the the front flange of the exhaust ( wasnt there before), and the bike had no power, a couple of day later (bike has been stood upright) its got all it power back, and no oil leak, is it normal to leak oil if its tipped over for a very long period of time, or what else could be?, apart from those it absoultly cool to ride, any answers, many thanks........noght sure about this bike as ive never owned a ducati before, ive only had Jappa's...CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE FOR PICS OF THE DUCATI
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

Wazza'
First thing that comes to mind is oil leaking past the valve stem oil seals and valve guides. I had a seal split once, but it didn't seem to be a problem because the guides were tight enough to seal I suppose.

Have someone follow you, ride it for a few kilometres, pull up and let it idle for a minute. Take off......if it blows smoke it is possibly the top end.

You didn't mention how many K's on the bike.

Good luck with it

jomo
wazzawiseman

Post by wazzawiseman »

cheers, for that now it doesnt blow any smoke at all, only when starting with choke, riding is all fine even when stopped......only thought the leaning over business may have made the oil come out somewhere....bike has done 83000, since its in again im getting the belts done anyway, was meant to be done at 800km, but since the clutch was leaking get it done now, only done 250km after getting it
wazzawiseman

anyone any ideas????

Post by wazzawiseman »

please!!!