Newish member

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
firewalkerau

Newish member

Post by firewalkerau »

Afternoon all
Been a lurker for a little while now and I'm pleased to see that the forums are regularly used unlike other places I've been. :thumbup:
I have owned a 906, red '89 model, for about 3 years now and it needs some cosmetic work, a bit of road rash from a moron in a carpark who didn't leave a name, but the engine is as sweet as now I have replaced the original with a secondhand unit from a place here in Melbourne. The original is under cover in my garage with a chain punched hole in the casing from a snapped chain when I was going for milk !! New casings fitted $5600 +. 22,000 km perfect engine fitted $2800. Not much of a choice.
The Paso is my first Ducati and I will still own it and love it when all the Hondas, Suzukis, Yamahas etc I have owned succumb to alzheimers and are forgotten. It will probably be in storage until I get back from my retirement ride around Aus on the BMW armchair I intend using for that purpose in a few years time.
Keep up the interesting stuff and tips guys, I will probably need them in the near future.
Oh, a last btw. Eurobrit in the north of Melboune wrecks Dukes amongst others and its where I got the motor and an AA grade rear wheel so if you need some bits, give them a go.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Good to see another Paso owner here in OZ. Sounds like a bit of money spent on the old girl but it is always worth it.

I have never used Eurobrit but I have only heard good things about them.

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Rodney
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:D i just managed to get new (secondhand) header pipes from them for $308 dollars including postage to sydney for my 750 paso.
they are both helpful over the internet with a reply the same day or the next business day and have found them helpful over the phone.
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Hi Lads,

I can highly recommend EuroBrit. They purchased the spare mirrors from me in an arrangement where the 4 mirrors were exchanged for a pair of 38mm Mikunis off a 900SS (and all the cables, manifolds etc) plus some cash (to me, a rapid payment via PayPal).
All up it was a simple and easy exercise, unlike getting the mirrors in the first place.

Fraser.