lookin'

discussions specific to the 907IE
wiggs

lookin'

Post by wiggs »

hi folks, new to the list as of 2-day.i'm looking for a '92 907 in black would be nice. anyone have any info on the one advertised on traderonline?,the phone number is no good!looks to be a good bike.seems like this guys buddies may be playing a trick on him advertising his bike as he seldom uses it?? i would like to find a low mile unmolested bike and have till spring to possibly find one. any thoughts on why a 907 and not a 906? what can i expect to pay for a nice example?what all colors were available? thanks,wiggs
etheriault

907 for sae

Post by etheriault »

http://www.docc.ca/html/1992_907ie.html

Try this link at Ducati Owners Club Canada, Eric
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

thanks,nice site!
i emailed the address and it was returned undeliverable!! called yesterday and didn't really get through.called again this a.m. and left a message,i think. seems like 2 bikes with unreachable sellers,maybe it's just not to be.l
thanks again for the site,seems it could be a little busier than this one,both good to visit.
Apex

Post by Apex »

Wiggs--look at eBay auction number 4501616281. It is for a Corbin seat but if you read the text, it seems the guy wants to sell his black 907 that has under 7K miles on it. He invites folks to e-mail him to find out more.

Jeff
BigMartin

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS A GOOD PRICE FOR THIS 907ie

Post by BigMartin »

Hi,

I was the one who was selling the Corbin seat with the 907ie information included. It seems that what I was doing fell under the category of ebay "fee avoidance" though I fully intended to sell through ebay - still might.

I already sold the Corbin seat in a relist.

The bike is a Black 1992 907ie
6006 miles
F1 exhaust
K&N air filter
I think it has the performance chip
European taillights (no turn signal stalks)
rest stock

This bike was dead solid reliable, strong, fast, and cornered like it was on rails. With family obligations and starting a new business I let it sit unused since September 2001 (I know, thats such a shame) and the fuel pump has gummed up in the tank and will need replacement. Tires will be needed - these are original. A battery will be needed. A full mechanical checkout would be a good idea as well.

Cosmetically the bike is in great shape. As for any mechanical condition, it was all in great shape when it went into the corner of my garage in 2001. I would get all the rehab stuff done now, but just do not have time for yet another time consuming project now or in the forseeable future.

What do you think is a good fair price for the bike?

email:

fdw at charter dot net

wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey big martin,
when it rains it pours,eh. i just had the the bike from the canadian ducati site delivered sat.i've only ridden it 3 miles sat and maybe 10 miles sunday as i've been working and it's been somewhat chilly here and didn't take the time to gear up.
i really like the bike the little i've ridden it but would really rather have stock pistons as i'm not a real gearhead and figure the stock 907 will carry my but down the road just fine,do like the chip and cans tho!hee hee!! i did get the stock pistons with it and can always reinstall.
he came down some from his asking price of 5 and with all the upgrades and and stock parts included i guess thats market price. the bike on traderonline is advertised at 3500 and with shipping would have pushed it to 4 grand ( if in fact the bike is actually 4-sale)and other bikes (91's) are advertised at 3,900-4,200.yours being less miles but needing fuel pump and tires would be about the same since the perspective buyer wouldn't be able to hear it run,although i've bought many a bike sight and sound unseen and unheard (is that a word?).
please let me know if this is what you were thinking as i may have to chew on this . kind of like dating twins i reckon,if one is good two must be gooder. i do have room in the garage for one more bike i think and two rubber duckies would compliment the two bevel twins nicely,don't ya think?
regards,wiggs
p.s. your pics made me drool!!!
beemerboy
year: 0

Re: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS A GOOD PRICE FOR THIS 907ie

Post by beemerboy »

This bike is sold....... :D
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
DUCATENO