Reviving a stored 907

discussions specific to the 907IE
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Performance Award............... :roll: :roll: (so thats what they're called........ :D :D :D)
Had a few myself over the years........
beemerboy
year: 0

Riding impresions

Post by beemerboy »

I finally got the chance to take the 907 on its first serious ride last weekend and am happy to report many positive things.

First, this bike runs strong! It handles and tracks like a dream, and the riding position is fairly comfortable given my height (6-1).

My route consisted of approximately 120+ miles of mountain passes and winding roads and included a starting elevation of 6200' going up to about 7500'.

I find that 5th and 6th gears are a bit too tall for the engine and have since learned that a slightly smaller rear sprocket's the answer. Being used to riding heavier BMW's I noticed the 907's lighter weight works both for and against it; It's great in the twisties but gets blown around in crosswinds.

Did I mention that the clock works??!! I'm shocked!

The instrument cluster lighting is a joke and finding neutral is an adventure.

Otherwise I LOVE this bike! :thumbup:
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Yeah, those instrument lights are a little nocturnal aren't they. I find the easiest way to neutral is to have the bike moving forward ever so slightly.

It sure sounds like a nice inaugural ride.

Regards, B
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Whoa!!Need larger rear sprocket not smaller!
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

qldman36 wrote:Whoa!!Need larger rear sprocket not smaller!
No kidding. I realized the moment I submitted my post! Make that TWO teeth bigger on the rear sprocket.

Needless to say this bike has been a drain on my wallet.....almost as bad as a woman :ugh: so please send your donations to me ASAP!
Last edited by beemerboy on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
Rogero
year: 1992

ATTENTION GRABBER.

Post by Rogero »

My 907 IE got more attention and comment than bikes worth three times as much on the Isle of Man when I was there for the TT races last month. I have to say that like a woman sometimes the cost is worth it in keeping her looking good!

Talking of which where can I get some touch up paint?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: ATTENTION GRABBER.

Post by redpaso »

Rogero wrote:My 907 IE got more attention and comment than bikes worth three times as much on the Isle of Man when I was there for the TT races last month.

Owning a 907 & going to the Isle of Man for the TT. That is better than winning the Lottery you must be the luckiest guy alive. :D I will have to wait till Duke release the Highlights DVD but it is just not the same. Some times it is actually a curse living in the Southern Hemisphere.......but then again it is the middle of winter & 20 degrees outside....think I might go for a ride after work :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Rogero
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

The TT fortnight is the best holiday in the world for all bikers, and this year the weather was glorious. Bike fans from all over the world on all sorts of machines of all ages. And the racing is good too.

I'd recommend it to everyone.

The 907 is off to Donnington in 2 weeks, let's hope it doesn't rain.

I think the DVD is out already, but you won't see me on it :cool:
DUCATENO

Re: Reviving a stored 907

Post by DUCATENO »

hi, i have a 907 ie 1991 like new but last satturday i was surprised because i look the serial number of the engine and its altered, there is a 6 and under this you can see an 8, the polce told me that maybe its a plant make correction but i have not any paper or document , anybody can advise me ? what can i do?