bad respone while getting warm

discussions specific to the 907IE
ynot
year: 0

bad respone while getting warm

Post by ynot »

Hello!
Since this year I have problems with my 907:
When reaching the fist quarter of the coolant temperatur the motor does not response.
It´s almost not possible to accelerate. When the engine gets warmer everything is ok. When its cooler- also no probs.
So its only in a small lower temperatur range where the motor doesn´t respone good.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Gernot
pasolloyd
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Re: bad respone while getting warm

Post by pasolloyd »

ynot,
Remove the connector from the ECU and measure the resistance between pin #29 and pin #11 on the wire harness side (not the ECU side). You should get approximately 3000 - 4000 ohms between these two pins depending on the temperature when you are measuring it. This is the signal from the coolant temperature sensor.

I suspect there is a poor connection at the connector at the sensor in the coolant line. If you get a very high resistance (infinity or mega ohms), remove the tank and air box then remove the connector at the sensor end and measure the resistance again directly at the sensor pins. You may have to scratch around a bit with the meter probes to get a good contact. The pins tend to oxidize as they are at an elevated temperature and are not gold plated. If the sensor is OK, clean the contacts carefully on both the sensor and the wire harness connector and try again.

Let me know if you need more help...
Lloyd
'91 907ie
'96 900 SS SP
'97 900 SS CR (for sale)
'74 750 GT (since new - sort of)
'85 Pantah 600 (sold, but not forgotten)