What pipes are these?

discussions specific to the 907IE
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

What pipes are these?

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi All !

I managed to buy from one guy aluminium/stainless steel exhaust pipes to my 907. They fit very well to 907 and they are designed to this bike, but i dont know exact, what pipes are these, so need help:

There read ZDM-A06 (right) and ZDM-B06 (left), then Cagiva elephant logo and "Ducati" Lower there: "DARK HIGHWAY" ????
Output hole is about 49mm and "direct" modell, so sound can be quite nice;-)))

Have anybody such pipes ??? They are not Cio. ca.moto (alu/stainless)pipes, cause i have them and little different.....

Finnpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Finnpaso, I guess you are talking about the silencers, which people also call 'cans' - the pipes are the part that comes off the motor. If they were designed for the bike and they show the Cagiva elephant, perhaps you could get information about them from Cagiva, or a Cagiva dealer.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Surely You are right, i mean cans or silencers;-) My home language is Finnish and here we call silencers, as pipes, so "my fault"...

I am 100% sure, that they are sold by Ducati dealer, so Cagiva cant help. They are "made for Ducati"(and seems to be original Ducati parts, but NOT normal 907 pipes!), propably by Termignoni, or Cio, ca moto ???

Finnpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:confused:

Hmm.. OK, but the people who MADE the silencers should be able to advise you, perhaps better than the people who sold them. And if the silencers have the Cagiva elephant on them, perhaps it was Cagiva who made (or designed) them. The Cagiva people seem to me to be very dedicated motorcycle people, and they just might be able to help.
cagiva905

Post by cagiva905 »

The elefant logo tells you these are original Ducati / Cagiva mufflers. Because Ducati was owned by Cagiva for quite some time, this logo can be found on lots of Ducati parts as well.

If the front and end pieces are put inside the brushed aluminium pipe than these are probably from a Ducati SS or monster. The DARK HIGHWAY note makes me think it is for a DARK specification bike, but I am not sure.

The ZDM numbers refer to Italian homologation for the noise levels.

If memory serves me, I do think I once read that SS/Monster mufflers fit the Paso exhaust pipes. The connection is similar anyhow.

Michiel
Phorodon

Your end cans

Post by Phorodon »

Those are the genuine Ducati code numbers stamped on 907ie silencers for the UK market in 1992. I have them on my own 1992 UK-specification bike. The cans are bulky and much quieter than aftermarket cans.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

They are from German bike, what my friend buy and wrecked, but it can be, that also those are sold in U.K. :roll:

They are quiter, than my Contis, but much louder, than "original pipes", those "black cromed ones". :D

Finnpaso
Paso 750
Paso 907IE