My first Ducati

discussions specific to the 907IE
BigDSmashMan

My first Ducati

Post by BigDSmashMan »

Hey all I just got a 1992 907 with 20304 miles on it It needs alittle cosmetic work nothing major ,but other than that she a beauty.I was really impressed with the solid ride and suprisingly agile feel of the bike.Im from the states and am having a hard time finding parts .I need mirrors and a regulator .Any suggestions on some sites for cosmetic parts?Also any technical info would be appreciated as i know nothing about the bike (reliability performance ETC...)

thanks

BigD
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Congrats on your new ride! You won't be disappointed. Maybe frustrated at times, but it's entirely worth it. As for parts ... ebay is our friend. ;) Check the downloads section of this site, too - there's some technical info out there (but I'm not sure how much for a 907ie).
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

mirrors were discussed on another post earlier. someone has (had) 10 sets to sell. hope this helps.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: My first Ducati

Post by mike »

BigDSmashMan wrote:Hey all I just got a 1992 907 with 20304 miles on it It needs alittle cosmetic work nothing major ,but other than that she a beauty.I was really impressed with the solid ride and suprisingly agile feel of the bike.Im from the states and am having a hard time finding parts .I need mirrors and a regulator .Any suggestions on some sites for cosmetic parts?Also any technical info would be appreciated as i know nothing about the bike (reliability performance ETC...)

thanks

BigD
hey bigd where in the states? theres a few yankees here :)
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

mike wrote:theres a few yankees here :)
I'm in that group, too ... central NY to be exact ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
beemerboy
year: 0

Post by beemerboy »

BigDSmashMan wrote:........Im from the states and am having a hard time finding parts .I need mirrors and a regulator .Any suggestions on some sites for cosmetic parts?Also any technical info would be appreciated as i know nothing about the bike (reliability performance ETC...)BigD
There's a member of this discussion board who can provide you with some solid regulator info, search for username "bikpaintr" and PM him with questions. As for parts well, all I can say is that we're in the same boat. I've had good luck with "Mike" at Gowanloch in Australia, don't be afraid to use these guys because they're on the other side of the planet. I ordered and received parts from them faster than the parts I ordered from Denver, Seattle, and Birmingham. That being said I give high marks to Andrew and Max at Erico Motorsports in Denver, and Bogarts in Birmingham. These gents were helpful and very friendly. :thumbup:

Good luck!
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
cagiva905
year: 0

Post by cagiva905 »

For the regulator you could check any Ducati dealer, they should be able to provide you the current standard Ducati regulato, however you will lose the function on your voltage ligth in your dashboard.

A good alternative is the one from Electrex. You are looking for RR51.
http://www.electrexusa.com

If you need any technical info on the fuel injection, see the technical links in this web site.

Michiel
trevor

Post by trevor »

the other guy was right about Gowanloch in Australia, I live out of Melbourne, Victoria Australia and have used these guys for spares. they have most bits.

trevor
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Congrats on your purchase Big D. Having the 907 has the advantage (as far as choice goes) of the 17 inch rims which means you will be spoilled for choice as far as tyres goes. as with the others check Gowanloch

http://www.ducati-gowanloch.com

They are the best.

Enjoy the 907 & its idiosyncracies, many years of pure riding pleasure to come :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"