91 907ie bogs down/loads when warm....fuel issue ???

discussions specific to the 907IE
verastarr

91 907ie bogs down/loads when warm....fuel issue ???

Post by verastarr »

Hey guys, i recently got a 91 with 14,7K mi. I put in the FBF chip and K&N with open top. I have put 2K mi on it in the last 3 weeks. I am having a pronounced bogging down/loading problem when the bike warms up. It happens in all rpm's and even at idle. Wide open throttle seems to help a tad but it still starts spattering and cutting out during rev-up. Pipes show heavy soot. No smoke though. When the problem starts happening, it will occur for maybe 10 minutes or less, then dissapear for about 20 more minutes and happen again. this cycle of intermittent bogging just keeps happening.
I have all the panels off, and have dropped some fuel system cleaner in the tank to possibly help clean a dirty injector problem. I still have yet to burn through the first tankfull of "cleaner".
Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks !!!

By the way. I have a broken air bleed cable behind the throttle body... could this be it ?

Mike in Nor Cal

UPDATE: Pulled the plugs and they were black and wet around the edges. (weird, they were fine last week) New plugs ran much stronger and so far no idle/bog issue...will update...