Battery Problem

discussions specific to the 907IE
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Battery Problem

Post by KillerB »

I have a '91 907 that seems to have a battery draining problem. After having replaced the battery it still gets weak after a week or two. I notice that occasionally the battery light will come on. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
B
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi killer,
sorry i don't have any real good advice for you. i've had the battery tender off my 907 for a few weeks now and am afraid to see if it will start.i think the best thing both of us can do is keep a battery tender on them most of their idle time. now i just need to take my own advice.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Check the voltage regulator, if this is faulty it may be draining the battery as it was on my 906, I found that out after thinking my battery was stuffed & spending $100 to replace it only to find it was flat again a month later, it would often start first go but as the battery was not charging if she stopped while warming up the only way to restart was to jump start the old girl. On a long ride I backed off the throttle into a tight turn & she died & would not restart, I had to get the bike shop to retreive me & Lady Paso. That was when I found out the real problem. Check it out. If it is the problem the regulator is not strong & should not be replaced with the original ducati item (the Ducati shop told me that) they can be reconditioned but it is easier to replace with a japanese unit that is made for Ducati's but did require some rewiring on the 906. I think all these parts are tehsame on the 907. I hope yoyu sort it soon. :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
ynot
year: 0

Post by ynot »

I changed regulator twice- but it´s shit! Try the regulator from http://www.silenthektik.com :funny:
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Thanks for the advice. I may give that old regulator the boot and see if it cures my problem.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

remember, that If Your regulator have gone, it CAN be, that You have lost also stator windings;-( U should check also it... Easy by multimeter! Only few ohms between wires and megaohms from wires to ground....

Finnpaso
907IE
750Paso
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Thank-you, I will be sure to check.