Battery Recommendation

discussions specific to the 907IE
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Battery Recommendation

Post by KillerB »

Since I'm replacing the voltage regulator and my old battery is shot, does anyone have any recommendation on what I should replace it with.

Regards, 'B'
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Check also stator windings. Easy with multimeter: Only few ohms between wires and megaohms to ground!

Finnpaso
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

I donpt have the part number handy but the last batery I bought for my 907 was a sealed unit from a Harley Davidson. It's about three years old now and even with less than stellar maintanence, it's still working great. Plus it will never spill acid on anything.

Cost around $70 if I remember right. Bring your old one to the shop with you, they can match it up. Be careful - if you get the traditional style battery, they may try to sell you one with a black case that is a PAIN to see through to check fluid levels. Ask - they may have a more transparent white one instead.
-Craig
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

DesmoDog,
I went to TSC and bought a Deka AGM sealed battery. I think the number is ETX16. Cost was about $125CDN. It and the new regulator should make for an enjoyable summer. This battery beats the old acid-filled I had that was black as you say.
Regards,
B
Bill

Battery

Post by Bill »

Just bought a EXT16 Deka off ebay, it was around $51.00 with delivery, a factory 2nd. Wish I had it before I trashed my clean swing arm ten years ago!