Battery Warning light

discussions specific to the 907IE
BaDaBoom

Battery Warning light

Post by BaDaBoom »

Hi everyone,my first post,but a bit of a unhappy one,on returning from work the other day the battery light came on,when reaching home and switching bike off, it would not start(flat battery),would this be the Alternator ??,also the bike is a US import(lights on all time),would any of the parts be different to a UK spec model ?

After having just sold my faithfull 65,000 mile ZZR11,this is not a good start for a 12,000 mile old ,907ie :mad:

Regards, SEAN. UK Midlands.
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Hi, BaDaBoom
It's possible that it could be your voltage regulator or stator. The same thing happened to mine and it turned out to be regulator.
Regards, B
BaDaBoom

Post by BaDaBoom »

Hi B,thanks for the info,i'll try to get it booked in at the garage,i'll post up once i have the results.....and the bill :roll:

SEAN.
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

BaDaBoom,

Should be the regulator, I average three per stator....sorry! Still can't bring myself to appreciate any other bike the way I appreciate a Ducati.......A bit like a woman!
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

BaDaBoom,
If you replace it with an Electrex RR51 regulator, I have a wiring diagram I can send you that might assist in the replacement.
Regards, B
BaDaBoom

Post by BaDaBoom »

Thanks for the advice guys,its booked in at Wolverhampton Ducati next for next Wednesday,i'll post the info,

After that i think it may get sold :roll: ,finding it hard to get on with after a life time of Kwackers.

SEAN
BaDaBoom

Post by BaDaBoom »

Well the guys at the garage have now told me its the regulator/rectifier,but they also say they cannot find a replacement,does anyone no of somewhere i can get one from ?,preferably in the UK, or will one from a different model fit ?

Regards, SEAN.

ps the bike is now for sale as i've now bought another bike.
The 907 has 12,000miles on it,new tyres and chain,taxed and mot'd,Ferraci carbon silencers(very loud),corbin seat,ecu chip,Cat1 Meta alarm imobilisor, small amount of history,please email if you're interested,may p/x large cc Jap.
Apex

Post by Apex »

As stated above, Electrex model RR51 is a replacement. Go to http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/ to find it in the UK. The company is now known as ElectroSport in the US. BTW--if you are dealing with a shop that works on Ducati bikes and they tell you they don't know where to get a 907 regulator, run (don't walk) there and collect your bike. They are worthless. See, Ducati sells them, and so does Electrex and some Japanese regulators will work too. They should know this. :roll:

Jeff
BaDaBoom

Post by BaDaBoom »

Hi, thanks for the info,the shop is a Main Ducati agent,they actually ment a original replacement,the one they have fitted is off a 916,the bike is now back on the road :lick: ,all is well except for the dent in my wallet.

Bike is for sale if anyone interested please pm or email me.

Red 907ie,12,000 miles US import,1 previous UK owner,Tax'ed,Mot'ed,New tyres+chain+battery+rectifier!,Ferraci carbon pipes,Corbin seat,Meta alarm imobilsor,everything working looks and sounds awesome.

SEAN