Misc ramblings of a 907 owner

discussions specific to the 907IE
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I had a bit of a mishap with my 907 years ago (first day I had it actually!) and brought the mirror to a painter I know to have it redone. He brought it numerous places to match the paint and no one did it well enough to meet his standards. In fact he said most places weren't even close.

He ended up doing it himself. The only way he could get it to match (on a '91 907) was to use a pink undercoating, then a red tinted clear over that until the color matched the fairing.

It looked great when it was done, but he told me if I ever needed more paintwork done on the bike, I should bring it somewhere else. Granted this was 14 years ago and computer technology has advanced a bit since then, but still...

In other 907 news, for the past couple of days I haven't been able to get a "907 from Hell" concept out of my mind. Used 907 + 996 superbike engine and maybe suspension??? Hmm..... :evil:
-Craig
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

Thanks for the above tip(s) re paint etc, I might just wait until DUCATIPASO.ORG have a range of stickers available and just cover up the chips with a couple of decals!

She's washed polished and will be heading up to Donnington from Cardiff tomorrow with a CBR600, and old BMW RS and a Fireblade for company!...