907ie idling /mixture

discussions specific to the 907IE
mazza

907ie idling /mixture

Post by mazza »

i have just purchaced a 1993 907ie - my first ducati.although the bike appears to run fine on idle it smells rich and does not seem to idle as smoothly as i would like, all i have done is check the plugs which are both a nice even colour. is this just how they are ?. i would be grateful for any advice.Also are any adjustments possible to c/o and idle ?
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

There is a trim adjustment on the computer but it's been so long since I messed with mine I can't give any advice on what to do with it*. I'm pretty sure the servce manual has information on this? I can check when I get home...

If you haven't already found out, there are two service manuals to buy for the 907. You need the 906 manual, and the 907 supplement. They're not cheap but are worth having. You can find them on eBay every so often. Also, Desmotimes(?) offers a service manual for the 2 valve Ducatis. It's supposed to be good, but I haven't seen it yet.

* When my bike was new I was having problems with it running lean/missing. I told a friend about it, he talked to some friends in Italy about it, they sent him a chip, I installed it, and no more miss. (They were all Weber Marelli employees...) Problem was, when I first installed it the bike wouldn't idle, but after adjusting the trim it's run fine ever since.
-Craig
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Welcome, mazza

This link here will give you much more information about the fuel injection than the Ducati manual.

http://home.planet.nl/%7Eworld.travelle ... efiman.pdf

Regards, B
cagiva905
year: 0

Post by cagiva905 »

Hi Mazza,

Congratulations with your first Ducati, you'll enjoy it for sure.

Be carefull messing with the efi system , it is quite complex and easier upset than set up :-). I've been studying the efi system for quite some time now, and I understand most of it (Cagiva 900ie elefant, identical efi system). However, setting it up properly is another cup of tea which I haven't masterd myself fully yet either. This will never be easy as long as you don't do it on a regular basis like a bike mechanic.

The link above points to a document on my EFI website, when you go to this link: http://endless-horizons.net/efi/efi.htm you'll find the main page of the site, where you can find lots of other info as well.

Michiel
mazza

Post by mazza »

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE I'LL CHECK OUT THE LINK AND SEE WHAT I CAN LEARN ! :confused: :thumbup: