Post by duc907 »

not tax free, I had to pay VAT.
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 907IE Radiator Hoses

Post by 907pasonut »

duc907 wrote:not tax free, I had to pay VAT.

if I remember correctly the items sold overseas are not taxed by the country that made them...but they may be taxed by your government, in your case US government
here no taxes are paid (tax free) if the value is less than $1000
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

907pasonut wrote:...Ouch!! :shock:
even tax free (245.95 BP) translates close enough to $550 Aussie dollars...

nice hoses, I bought the samco hose kit for the 851 back in 2013 for a very reasonable AU 200 bucks :)
Just ordered mine and they're on their way according to Royal Mail tracking. Cost was AU$498; no VAT, and discount code applied. Yes, it's exxie :shock:, but cheaper than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a blown hose maybe a cooked engine; which is not beyond the realms of possibility now that the original hoses are 23 yrs old. So I figure it's worth it.

Going to go with the Evans waterless coolant as well. Thinking I'll remove the CBR pressure cap, fit the new Y-hose and run the original layout with no pressure on the system. Hopefully my patched up header tank will cope with that.

Also purchased a set of the Motolectric starter cables. Giving the old girl a birthday.

Good service so far from both suppliers. :thumbup:
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

icekube1 wrote: Just ordered mine and they're on their way according to Royal Mail tracking. Cost was AU$498; no VAT, and discount code applied.
good one icecube1...498 including shipping? and what discount code is that?

...unpressurized cooling system, is that waterless coolant that good is it? must have a high boiling point :dunno:
Last edited by 907pasonut on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Claude.

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

We have set a special discount code up of PASO10 on our website, which will give a 10% Discount on the prices mentioned above and FREE Fedex shipping to the USA, Canada and Europe. Shipping takes 1-2 days from time of despatch.
see Bruce-Samco`s post on p.8
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

paso750 wrote:
We have set a special discount code up of PASO10 on our website, which will give a 10% Discount on the prices mentioned above and FREE Fedex shipping to the USA, Canada and Europe. Shipping takes 1-2 days from time of despatch.
see Bruce-Samco`s post on p.8
thanks G...I may as well get a set in the next few days, looks like no free shipping to Aus :beer:
Cheers Claude.

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

907pasonut wrote:
icekube1 wrote: Just ordered mine and they're on their way according to Royal Mail tracking. Cost was AU$498; no VAT, and discount code applied.
good one icecube1...498 including shipping? and what discount code is that?

...unpressurized cooling system, is that waterless coolant that good is it? must have a high boiling point :dunno:
Yes, the Evans coolant has an advertised boiling point of >190 degrees (C) and freezing point of -40degrees (C).

http://www.evanscoolants.com.au/product ... ts-coolant

Should do the job I believe. There is a thread about it here:

http://ducatipaso.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4966

As far as postage for the hoses is concerned, there is a Royal Mail option which was only GBP17 and that was included in the all up price of $498.

Not really a good time to buy in terms of exchange rate, but it could soon be worse if the goobermint goes ahead with the plan to apply GST to o/seas purchases.. :mad:
Bruce-Samco
model: other
year: 1999

Post by Bruce-Samco »

Hi All,

Great news that we have had some positive comments regarding the hose set and a massive thank you to Dark Matter for all his help.

Just to clarify, any sale outside the EU (European Union) will be VAT (UK sales tax) free and the discount code of PASO10 gives a 10% discount on the product AND free delivery to anywhere in the world. The delivery charge looks like it had been added to the sale when in the shopping cart, but if you look at the discount, it has taken 10% off the product AND the shipping cost also.

We have these hose sets in stock in black and red, all the other 18 colours are available to special order.

Many thanks

Bruce / Racebikebitz
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

I really am sorry to say this but I still can't fathom out how these hoses are the most expensive Ducati hoses out there even with the 10% reduction? Appreciate the limited numbers, tooling etc but surely some parts are like for like with other Cagiva / Ducati / Aprilia models that could reduce the cost?

This looks interesting maybe as an alternative for those of us on a budget maybe ?

https://www.viperperformance.co.uk/subcats.php?xctId=36
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

Good link there Stiv. I agree about the Samco pricing and I'll worry about my hoses when and if they fail.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
Bruce-Samco

Post by Bruce-Samco »

Hi Stiv,

Thanks for your comments on the hoses and you have kind of already answered your own questions regarding the hose prices, but happy to explain further.

The SamcoSport brand is recognised as the worldwide leader in silicone hose technology and as such, we equip every single F1 team on the grid this year, MotoGP, WSBK and BSB, as well as most motocross factory teams in MX1, MX2 and the American AMA series. We also supply at O.E.M. level to many manufacturers and are very proud indeed of our products. The SamcoSport brand is 25 years old this year and the factory has a lots of high tech durability testing equipment, that other silicone manufacturers can only dream of! We only buy European silicones for use in the hoses, we do not buy any raw materials from the far east, as we need very strict quality control to offer our lifetime warranty.

The tooling to make the hoses is very costly to produce and two of the hoses in the kit are more complex than usual and compounded with the small volume we anticipate selling, this has set the selling price. Unfortunately there was no cross over from other Ducati models to the 907 i.e., so new tooling required for all 6 hoses.

We dont like to compare ourselves to any other manufacturers, we like to promote and sell our products based on our own credentials, experience and ultimately quality.

I hope this answer at least some of your questions and more than happy to help anybody out with any other questions they may have.

Many thanks!

Bruce / Racebikebitz
SamcoSport Worldwide Distributor.
oceanhunter

Post by oceanhunter »

I for one am very greatfull !!!!!!!!!!!that a manufacturer took the time and energy to make a limited run of a top product ,
as owners of a older limited number bike I feel obliged to support the cause and if you think the price is up there try
making dies and add up your hours $$$$ ????
"keeping the shiney side up"
Bruce-Samco

Post by Bruce-Samco »

Hi All,

If anyone has any pictures of their SamcoSport 907 i.e. hoses fitted, we would be very interested to see them - Always good for us to see the finished product installed.

Also, if any of you have other Ducati Models, the PASO10 code will also work for all the Ducati kits listed on our website here:- http://racebikebitzusa.com/samco-hoses/ ... cone-Hoses

Maybe an early Christmas present to yourself - You know you deserve it !!

Regards

Bruce / Racebikebitz
SamcoSport Worldwide Distributor.
blazing928
year: 1991

Post by blazing928 »

well mine are fitted & I'm using Evans water-less coolant.

We have had some fitting problem though. The mechanic found that the hose that goes past the throttle body, this is the one that is the most complex, when it gets hot & the fairing is fitted it was touching the bolt, causing a the throttle cable to not return fully.

I have made a ~8cm plate from stainless to distribute the pressure & have cable tied it back to the frame fro clearance.

My thermostat seems to be in a different position than before, so it is pushed by the fairing, rather than fitting in the gap. I cant see how I can change its position. I have cut the end of the hose into the thermostat slightly, so its not sticking out, maybe I need to do more.

I'm very happy with the quality, I use Samco fuel hose on my car.

and just because...
Nigel

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult
Duc750
year: 1993

Post by Duc750 »

Hello all, firstly apologies for not being able to prgress any further with my supplier, a combination of work health and family issues meant i just drifetd away from it. My supplier was cheaper than the Samco kit but required a minimum order to be met to get the tooling costs covered. that minimum was 20 which despite my best efforts we never got close to without me or others buying multiple sets to get the thing moving. In terms of manufacture i would imagine (Samco will probably say no but hey) the basic manufacturing technique is largely the same. I.e. make a tool, and build each hose off the correct tool. Because the 907 uses a near unique thermostat and waterpump cover and a very unique hose under the rhs fairing at the top (leading to the expansion tank) there weren't any tools that could be re used from other bikes. my supplier did try so the tool were all new.
I've no idea what the margins were on these all told but they weren't going to be great for the supplier so if you assume the tooling costs were roughly 60% of the run and the minimum was 20 sets the tooling cost is somewhere around £2K (at a guess). Thats a risk for a business that really doesn't have to do this sort of thing as they supply OEM to manufacturers so they want the minimum number to make sure they still make something (don't forget there's still shipping, order handling and processing and all that sort of stuff as well as the initial prototype and design changes.)

The way Samco have done it they've swallowed the risk and probably have just about broken even if they've sold more than 7 sets given the difficulty of getting 20 individuals together to buy these thats a sizeable risk for them to take so....... having tried and failed all the best to them as the price is actually pretty reasonable particularly when I bought the last of the new Right hand side hoses from Ducati 2 years ago for £78.00 for a rubber one !