907IE Radiator Hoses

discussions specific to the 907IE
oceanhunter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: 907IE Radiator Hoses

Post by oceanhunter »

I have fitted Samco hoses and all went well apart for the hose leading to the thermostat which only needed
trimming a little and the problem with the throttle shaft but that was a problem as standard!!!! :wacko:
The Italian engineers are very cleaver in some respects(bet I get drawn & quartered for this :oops: )but
some simple things are done poorly like how closely the hose goes between the frame and
throttle linkage :wacko: .
The bike is about to click over 100K Ks and is running sweet as a Swiss watch :thumbup: after getting
a new body makeover (mirror pods fitted,glassed in and faired and poor previous repairs fixed )and the
correct red and decals applied along with the new Samco hoses that arrived in the nick of time :beer: as
the originals were starting to fail :huh: (bleed,crack & crumble :huh: ).
"keeping the shiney side up"
nickta

Post by nickta »

Bruce-Samco wrote:Hi All,

If anyone has any pictures of their SamcoSport 907 i.e. hoses fitted, we would be very interested to see them - Always good for us to see the finished product installed.

Also, if any of you have other Ducati Models, the PASO10 code will also work for all the Ducati kits listed on our website here:- http://racebikebitzusa.com/samco-hoses/ ... cone-Hoses

Maybe an early Christmas present to yourself - You know you deserve it !!

Regards

Bruce / Racebikebitz
SamcoSport Worldwide Distributor.
Hi Everyone.

While doing the eBay shuffle, I found a set of SAMCO 907ie hoses for sale for a pretty good price. Not sure if is SAMCO selling them, but thought I would have a look at Bruce's Website to see what they show up there. Price has definitely come down. I didn't get as far as ordering a set, so can't say if the above code still works? So if you are after a new set of hoses, it couldn't hurt to contact Bruce.

Cheers.

Nick.
Bluey
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

nickta wrote:
can't say if the above code still works? So if you are after a new set of hoses, it couldn't hurt to contact Bruce.

Cheers.

Nick.
Hi Nick, I ordered some at the end of last year and wasn't allowed to use the discount code, but yes the price has dropped a little from the first sets. I had the usual challenge with clearance on the throttle but nothing a little fiddling couldn't solve.

Regards,
Peter
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Finally got around to ordering a set of these samco hoses. Went for the red. 270.23 to my door in 5 days
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

higgy wrote:Finally got around to ordering a set of these samco hoses. Went for the red. 270.23 to my door in 5 days
Ditto for me. Had them on for coming up 2 years now and have to say that it's been great not having the nagging worry of 20+ yo rubber hoses. Also running Evans waterless coolant with the system depressurised, with absolutely no problems on some very hot Aussie days.

And just lucked in on a good s/h original header thank to replace the cracked/epoxied original. :thumbup: It was pricey but I figure it's worth it. Hopefully running unpressurised will give it a long and happy life