discussions specific to the 907IE
bill_daf

Post by bill_daf »

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and new to Ducati. After many years of admiring them I have taken the plunge. I went to look at a 1992 907IE nice condition only 17000 miles and a good deal from an an owner leaving the UK. The test ride was the clincher listening to the bark from the laser pipes that are fitted.
Hopefully the start of a long and happy ownership and another bike to squeeze in the garage.

Regards Bill Northants UK
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Welcome Bill to the world of Ducati, Paso & this site.

It sounds like you have scored a good bike there. The sound of a Paso has sealed many a deal, I reckon you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding Ducati especially with a good set of aftermarket pipes.

Keep in regular contact on this site, there is most information that you are ever likely to need to keep your new toy running at her best. As you travel through the pleasures & heartaches of Paso ownership there is a wealth of knowledge here that will ussually point you in the right direction. Just remember they are a thorough breed & need to be treated as such. They are temperamental & idiosyncratic, but they are soooooo worth it. You have picked what should be the best of the Paso's (some do not consider the 907 i.e. a true Paso but they are, they have just been refined).

Many happy miles to come & stay in touch :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

Redpaso's comments are endorsed by me. My 1993 907 IE sounds wonderful although some of the neighbours don't think so and it is the most admired bike I have ever owned.

Took her to the TT and whenever it was parked up she was admired more than much more expensive Jap stuff parked nearby.

I did fall in love with an MV Augusta when I was over there but that's another sory!

Welcome on board, and check the message board regularly it does help!