907 IE lift handle

discussions specific to the 907IE
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

Skins is right, if you have a Paso....you allready have a life. Could you imagine what you would have paid for a Bimota? Were they much different? I think not.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
Mark
year: 0

Post by Mark »

Hi Jomo,
I have a 750 Paso and a DB1SR - both bikes have completely different characters and I don't regret either purchase.
All the best,
Mark
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Well I did it in the shed the other night ("The Craig manouvre" that is) & I am very impressed @ how easy it was to Perch "the Mistress". I don't think I will ever get off to put her on the stand again. :cool:

Skins, I hope your recent mirror damage is not the result of you practicing this technique :D
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:confused:

Nah, it was contact with a wall on my driveway, as a result of brake failure. I'm not sure exactly why the failure occurred, because the brakes (front) had been good for a few days after I recently replaced the fluid, and after the little accident, they were even better! I think maybe there was a little air left in the system after I replaced the fluid (although I bled the system as carefully as I usually do), which formed into a largish bubble, which then worked it's way into exactly the wrong place (near the master cylinder piston) at the wrong time (me heading down the driveway).

Anyway, I've had expert advice that I should be able to fix the pod with Araldite, so that's not too bad. I haven't tried to do the 'Craig' yet, but I will get around to it. I'm glad to hear it worked for you!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I guess the positive side of this is that it was brake failure down the driveway & not down the highway so maybe it was not the wrong time at all. Araldite is certianly good stuff, I hope La Perla Bianca is mented soon :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

I hope that Araldite sales aren't boosted by too many failed centre stand manouvres! :oops:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Bill,

I sent you a private message some time ago as I have what you`re looking for. Contact me if you still need it.

Gerhard
bill_daf

Post by bill_daf »

Gerhard I did get your message and I replied. I have sent you a second today. Let me know how much?
Bill