907 IE lift handle

discussions specific to the 907IE
bill_daf

907 IE lift handle

Post by bill_daf »

Does anyone have a spare folding lifting handle that fits near the left passenger footrest. Mine was missing when I bought the bike.
Does it help when lifting onto the centre stand?
Regards Bill
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Sorry, that i dont have any spare one, but mine 907 came also without it, but i managed to buy it from Ducati dealer(cant remeber price :umm: ) But anyway, it helps A LOT to put bike to centerstand :thumbup:

Antti
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

The bolt through the centre of my handle recently snapped & since then I have just grabbed hold of the rear footpeg bracket & find this just as easy so it is not really that much of an advantage.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I've found the easiest way to get the bike up on the centerstand is to do it without even getting off of it. I lock the front brake, and push the stand down with my foot so the bike is resting on it. This centers the bike and holds it up while you push down on the front end, then pull back on the bars and release the brake all in one motion. Sounds tricker than it is but once you get the motion down it's simple. Basically you let the fork springs rock the bike backwards onto the stand. Just watch your shin... if you're in the wrong position on the bike, the footpeg will bite you!

I know it sounds complicated, but really, it works great. Plus it will amaze your neighbors and impress your friends!

But what I started out to say was, yeah, if I'm standing next to the bike, the lever does help with getting it on the stand...
-Craig
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:D

I reckon that deserves a round of applause! Sounds like fun, Craig ... I can't wait to try it!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I can see a huge run on replacement mirrors as we all try this & fall over. :laugh:

I for one will give it a go. ( in the privacy of my shed with mattress all around me :D
Redpaso
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Hey, DesmoDog

I think you've started something here. I gave it a whirl last night in the driveway and it worked surprisingly well? I gave a repeat performance in the parking lot this morning at work.

Regards, B
bill_daf

Post by bill_daf »

Yes but can you do the one handed superman tail grab at the same time :screwy: I think my handle question could lead to a formation parking team.
Note to self :funny: Must buy shares in ducati panel company.

Keep smiling Bill
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

Um, I should perhaps point out one little detail on this... the ground has to be fairly level, side to side. It's incredibly easy to do if the bike is parked pointed up hill slightly. (But that much harder to get OFF the stand when you leave!)

Seriously though, it is very simple to do once you get the technique down. With your weight on the centerstand tang, the stand itself is solidly on the ground, and the bike is very stable. It can move around quite a bit with no problems. Just keep that stand pressed down! If the bike doesn't make it all the way up, it will rock forward again. And watch your shin... I know at least one of you is going to slam it into the footpeg. That hurts. A lot. Ask me how I know.

Now I need to think of some catchy name for the manuever so I can take credit for it when it sweeps world.. even though I'm sure I stole it from someone else!
-Craig
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

How about 'The Craig Manouevre', or just 'The Craig', as in 'Do the Craig'?
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

And those with a bruised shin will have a "DesmoDog Leg." :laugh:

Regards, B
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

KillerB wrote:And those with a bruised shin will have a "DesmoDog Leg." :laugh:
That's funny. A topic of discussion at lunch yesterday was the bruise/scratches on my arm. I seem to always pick up a nick or two when him and I play...
-Craig
Rogero
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

I think I'll continue with the side stand, it's much easier!

Unless the ground is level I don't trust centre stands at all!

Great thread though, sore shins and all! :eek:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I love my centre stand & actually prefer it to the side stand, To see "the Mistress" standing tall on the centrestand evokes images of other Classic Dukes like the MHR, 900ss, greenframe & 750F1, all of which only came with a centrestand. Sometimes the site of her perched up tall just makes me all goosebumpy & excited, can't wait to get on & ride. But then again the view frrom the left as she sits proped up on the side stand stirs a whole different lot of emotions within me. Ooohhh I just love the Paso..... but maybe I need to get a life :oops:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Don't worry Red, you're all right. That's just how it's supposed to feel.