european 907?

discussions specific to the 907IE
a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

european 907?

Post by a330us »

Hi Guys,
I've been working on this 91 907 for a week or two, got the electrics sorted somewhat and it fired into life a couple of days ago but have finally noticed some details about it such as the european headlight switch and turn signals in the taillight which the lens is all red and chip in the ecu is a 023 so is there anyway I could figure out if it was purchased in europe and brought to the US? It's a early one and is no. 109 of production? Just curious and speedo is in mph. I realize this all could have been added at some point and maybe the original tail lens with amber turn signals could have been broken and the us version added because obviously the prior owners didn't care about anything being original. Just curious and Falloon's book doesn't break down the serial no. like the other models. Thanks Arch.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: european 907?

Post by paso750 »

I don`t think the 907ie came with anything else than the Euro taillight.
Don`t you have all titles of the bike, invoices or the names of the past owners you could contact ?
There are services like: http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/ or https://www.cyclechex.com/ but they do all cost and the question is if the info you get is of any use.
If your bike was imported you should hope it came from the UK or Ireland as if not the speedometer was replaced and you don`t even know the real milage of that bike.

G.
a330us

Post by a330us »

Hi G.,
In the US and in some cases only bill of sales are used you don't normally retain previous copies of titles etc. unless someone made copies but that is not normally passed on plus each state has different requirements for titles. It came with a spare set of gages but in not great shape so will have to check it out tomorrow.
Little tired because I just drove 15 hours to pick up my new to me 87 paso and it met my expectations. Thanks Arch.
DesmoDog
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I'm pretty sure that in 1991 Euro bikes had a 13 digit VIN while US bikes had a 17 digit VIN.
-Craig
a330us

Post by a330us »

Thanks Craig, just checked my title and it shows 17 digit vin so I guess some PO changed that stuff around in the dim past! Arch.
du907
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

Arch,
I too live in Winston-Salem, Pfafftown to be exact. I have a 92 907IE that I have had since new.
If you need some help with something let me know by leaving a personal message on this board.
I use to know a Archie that live in Clemmons that was a pilot. He collected bikes of all kinds. I bought mine in Raleigh. It had the US spec tail light (all red with no wiring for the turn signals). The US version has stalks for rear turn signals. I changed it over to the European spec. tail light with the yellow lens and wiring for the turn signals. I installed a European chip in my ECU, so that is not uncommon. It is basically richer across the board than the US spec. I have since installed a custom programed chip I got from someone in the UK.
This site is full of resources and information, plus everyone here is glad to help, no matter how new you may be to this bike. It's not a perfect machine by any means, but, it is a very desirable model. You may also want to check out USDESMO club out of Waxall N.C. for events, track days, etc.
du907
a330us

Post by a330us »

Hi du907, I was just wondering if you've gotten any of my PM's? Thanks Arch.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

which also brings me to a point, du907 please update the email address in your profile.
That`s the reason why you don`t get any notifications for pms.