fuel pumps again

discussions specific to the 907IE
a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

fuel pumps again

Post by a330us »

Hi, one of my 907's fuel pump has apparently given it's all, was working 3 weeks ago but nothing now. I took it out yesterday, lot's of fun, after checking wiring and relays which were ok and hooked batt power directly but not a peep. So after searching and finding some old info and numbers was wondering what the current thinking is on replacement pumps? Anyone tried the exact fit ones from euromotoelectrics? I don't have it in front of me but assume it's 52mm? I rather have one that fits the stock holder instead of having to stuff foam around it. Thanks, Arch.
a330us

Re: fuel pumps again

Post by a330us »

Thanks G,
I read all the faq's and in the absence of any replies to my query I went ahead and ordered a fuel pump from motoelectrics. It came yesterday and I installed it today and works perfectly. For everybody's info I ordered their house product which was obviously just a bosch product with their company stamp on it. It was identical to the weber pump in size, specs with same ribs, terminals, etc. It was the 52mm pump and was $129 usd versus 200 plus for the one with Bosch on it. I don't know how someone with big hands work on a Ducati!! I sure hope I don't have to go back inside a 907 tank anytime soon. I did notice that there is a difference between the lines inside a 91 tank versus a 92-93 tank. The later tank has more lines inside. Thanks Arch.
a330us

Post by a330us »

Sorry, the company previously referred to was euromotoelectrics. Arch
du907
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

Arch,
Sorry I didn't get back with you. Unusually busy this week.
I was going to tell you about the pump. Bosch makes the replacement most people get since the Webber is not obtainable or is too costly. Also, the same fuel pump that fits a BMW K100, about 1985 and up is the same arrangement. I have had both out, BMW and the 907 and they have the same plastic retainer that clips into the bracket at the bottom of the tank. Take the screws out of the gas cap and remove and then you will have good access. Don't forget to re-attach the over flow hose that fits onto the gas cap mounting ring that has all the screws. It is to drain any gas that doesn't go into tank when putting in gas. If you don't get it attached, then when you fill up the tank, the top 1/4 of the tank will drain out the undone hose until it drains down the the hose level. Been there and done that experience.
I don't remember if the BMW part is cheaper or more expensive than the Bosch.
du907