I miss my 907....

discussions specific to the 907IE
samandkimberly
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

I miss my 907....

Post by samandkimberly »

Had to sell it a couple of years ago because it was driving me insane. Never did figure out why the valve seats were just wearing away, and after taking the extreme measure of putting a different set of heads on it and buttoning everything up all nice, I had just removed and reinstalled the bodywork one time too many, so it had to go. I did the right thing, but I do miss the bike and this forum/support group.

Since then I've been entirely Ducati free. I keep telling my Ducati pals that I'm done with them, but every time someone wants to buy my shim kit I just can't do it. Maybe I'll find a 906/907 with a blown motor for peanuts and do the ST3 conversion sometime, but the garage is full right now, with only a Morini 3 1/2 representing Italy. That *will* have to change.

Meantime, though, I have a few bits, if anyone needs them:

- Set of heads, valve covers, valves, no rockers or cams. Serviceable, but I'd replace the guides and seats before I used them for anything. 75 bucks shipped

2 coveted turn signals/rear view mirrors. RH is stock, spray painted black. Could be fixed up to near new with quite a bit of work. The other is repro, also painted black. 60 bucks, shipped.

The prices are really just what I figure the cost of digging up/packing/shipping etc is; I'm just trying to get them to someone who might need them. Email me for pics. I don't think I have much else kicking around...maybe a set of M1R fork stickers?

Sam
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: I miss my 907....

Post by Fraser »

Sam,

Mate you're dreaming!! Keep your bits as a constant reminder of the replacement that you will get one day. You do not get off the hook that easily.
The Morini is a fine bike, I have a 500 Sport. But it is not a Paso, you still need one.

Cheers,
Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: I miss my 907....

Post by Mc tool »

Fraser wrote:Sam,

Mate you're dreaming!! Keep your bits as a constant reminder of the replacement that you will get one day. You do not get off the hook that easily.

Cheers,
Fraser.
Aw don't tell him that ......... I want the blinkers :D
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time