instrument panel removal 907ie

discussions specific to the 907IE
hazynut
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

instrument panel removal 907ie

Post by hazynut »

Hi everyone new to the forum so heres my problem, I have a 907ie from 1992 which hasnt ran for 12 years after a week of cleaning injectors new in tank pipes I managed to get her going well, but i noticed the 3x rubber support dampers that hold the instruments to the frame had fell apart, unluckily for me one had left a blind lug in the panel so I need to remove it to extract the said lug. I have removed the speedo and rev cable and the multi wire clip connectors but there is a wire on the right hand side if looking from standing in front of the bike (rear of instruments) left side of panel when sitting on the bike that i am not sure if this just pulls out or is there a special method of removal, I don't want to force it in case I break something as parts are getting difficult to come by. many thanks for any help with this re Alistair
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: instrument panel removal 907ie

Post by paso750 »

Alistair, that`s the cable to the odometer zeroing knob as the manual calls it.
Don`t remove the cable from the instrument panel. Just remove the flat knurled nut from the zeroing knob and remove the complete instrument panel with the cable.
hazynut
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: instrument panel removal 907ie

Post by hazynut »

Thanks for the advice on the cable its much appreciated re Alistair