Another new member

discussions specific to the 907IE
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: Another new member

Post by lane1feathers »

Mc tool wrote:Gawd , another Aussie , how many of yiz are there :D bike looks good tho , specially the polished swing arm pivot bolt and nut :-P , seat looks comfy too ,
Ha, ha,........good on ya Hamish :mrgreen: I spose it would look comfy for a Kiwi with no balls :-P :lol:

The 907 seat is more sculpted with a lip behind the riders section at the start of the pillion half. I'm trying to upload a pic of both of mine as I have one of each, but can't :oops: Photobucket is playing up for me. If you google 'Ducati Paso' and open the 'Images' page you will see for yourself the differences. Lots of juicy pics :D
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

lane1feathers wrote:
Mc tool wrote:Gawd , another Aussie , how many of yiz are there :D bike looks good tho , specially the polished swing arm pivot bolt and nut :-P , seat looks comfy too ,
Ha, ha,........good on ya Hamish :mrgreen: I spose it would look comfy for a Kiwi with no balls :-P :lol:
Nah , That was the guy in the next ( hospital ) bed .... ripped em right off ,where as,my SS had a flush mounted petrol cap otherwise Id be singin soprano as everything in that area took a good hit ( shattered pubis ) and I have (orthopaedic ) screws to go with my nuts now :lol: ............... I can piss round corners :D
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
lane1feathers
year: 1989

Post by lane1feathers »

906 vs 907

The back half has been covered over with dark blue but you can see the difference in shape. I'm just assuming the 907's had the same seat all through their run and you had a seat from 750/906 but they may have had the same on the early 907's and then changed them on the later ones. I only just found out they changed the size of the disc rotors :wacko: I thought they changed to the 320mm when they went to the new model 907ie coz of the larger wheels!

...moral of the story; Lane should stick to the 906 section of the forum and only comment on stuff he's sure about :mrgreen: lol

(Nah, where's the fun in that!)
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
icekube1
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by icekube1 »

nickta wrote:
icekube1 wrote: fitting some quick disconnect valves in the fuel lines an sorting out the inoperative fuel gauge
I purchased a few couplings off http://quickcouplings.net/ in the States. I got the LC type couplings. No idea what the difference is between the LC and the MC type? They post to Australia.

Gowanloch's in Sydney have a few parts, but they are not affiliated to Ian Gowanloch (He sold the business complete with the name). Italspares in Adelong (down the road from Canberra) is where Ian does business now. He has a larger range of bits for all Ducati's.

Cheers.

Nick.
Thanks for that link Nick, that's a good site. I'll have to study it and work out which male matches which female.Looks like good quality and prices aren't bad.

Italspares might be tied up with Belt and Bevel, who've serviced my bike. They're at Adelong as well.

Cheers.
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

Mc tool wrote:
lane1feathers wrote:
Nah , That was the guy in the next ( hospital ) bed .... ripped em right off ,where as,my SS had a flush mounted petrol cap otherwise Id be singin soprano as everything in that area took a good hit ( shattered pubis ) and I have (orthopaedic ) screws to go with my nuts now :lol: ............... I can piss round corners :D
Actually, I'm a Kiwi. Well, I was for 42 years anyway, now I'm confused... :wacko: Just been back to visit the family and I always am when I come back here.

Jeez...... not sure I want to know the full balls story.

Bunnings it will be then to hunt out the swingarm caps, no Payless Plastic here AFAIK. Thanks for the tip.
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

906 vs 907

The back half has been covered over with dark blue but you can see the difference in shape. I'm just assuming the 907's had the same seat all through their run and you had a seat from 750/906 but they may have had the same on the early 907's and then changed them on the later ones. I only just found out they changed the size of the disc rotors :wacko: I thought they changed to the 320mm when they went to the new model 907ie coz of the larger wheels!

...moral of the story; Lane should stick to the 906 section of the forum and only comment on stuff he's sure about :mrgreen: lol

(Nah, where's the fun in that!)

Nice seat job. However I wonder if it hasn't been reshaped at some point. If you look at the first pic in the linked Two Wheels article, it looks just the same as mine... and your 906 original.

https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/yrb6c0887z
Article
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

they may have had the same on the early 907's and then changed them on the later ones.
I think that`s right. They probably changed the seat with the 92 model when they also changed the brakes and some other things.
Jaffa
year: 1991

Post by Jaffa »

Gday Mike, I see you have been getting a little work done by Belt & Bevel, good bunch and always out to help where they can. I recently (12 months ago) wrote my 907 off but still have a few bits and pieces lying around if you want, and am conveniently located in Canberra too. In particular, I have a nice comfy fitted sheepskin seat cover for the 907. Also happy to assist with any advice you need to keep the bike running.

Good luck with her, I always found these bikes to be excellent for touring and having the odd blast too.

Cheers
Jeff.
Jaffa
'91 907ie (RED)
'78 900 Darmah (RED) (now BLACK and lookin' goooooood)
'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica

Post by icekube1 »

Jaffa wrote:Gday Mike, I see you have been getting a little work done by Belt & Bevel, good bunch and always out to help where they can. I recently (12 months ago) wrote my 907 off but still have a few bits and pieces lying around if you want, and am conveniently located in Canberra too. In particular, I have a nice comfy fitted sheepskin seat cover for the 907. Also happy to assist with any advice you need to keep the bike running.

Good luck with her, I always found these bikes to be excellent for touring and having the odd blast too.

Cheers
Jeff.
Ah, Hi Jaffa. I haven't been on here for a while, so I missed your reply.

Looks like you must have seen my biker out at B&B, with her gizzards laid bare. Sadly, one of the main bearings went, shortly after I purchased it :mad:

Happily no other damage was done and it did it before my planned trip to Philip Island and not on the way there or back.

B&B did a great job doing a bottom end rebuild for me in 10 days or so and it's going beautifuuly now. Cost wasn't too bad either (although I could certainly have done without it) and I know it's all done now, so I'm happy enough.

Gotta say it, the 907 is a fantastic tourer, I found it to be way more comfortable than my 1100GS, primarily due to the almost total lack of wind buffet (the GS really beats me about). Did the 800 odd Km ride back in a day with no worries at all.

And thanks for the offer of bits and pieces (sad to hear that yours got written off). I.ve sent you a PM on that.