Another new member

discussions specific to the 907IE
icekube1
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Another new member

Post by icekube1 »

Hi. After several months lurking and reading some of he excellent info on this site, I've finally joined up.

Oh, yes. I've purchased this too

If I'm honest, I've never been that much of a fan of Ducati.... other than for the original bevel 750GT and the Paso series. I've always lusted over both. The bevel is now waaay out of my price range, but the Paso/907 not so much. So, when the opportunity came to purchase one, the site proved to be an excellent resource to help me to the decision to pull the trigger and do it. So thanks for that, I've done something I've wanted to do for over 20 years.

Cheers

Mike
nickta

Re: Another new member

Post by nickta »

Hi Mike.

Welcome to the fold. She is a very fine looking bike. Did you find her locally (Canberra)?

Cheers.

Nick.
Whiff Ducbreath

Post by Whiff Ducbreath »

Welcome to the group. It took me 20 years to buy a Paso also. You will find a LOT more help on this site than you will find at the Ducati Shop. At least the one where I live.

Russell
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by lane1feathers »

G'day Mike, she looks real nice and clean. Welcome to the site. Looks like you've got a 906 seat on it. If you can, source a 907...they are more comfortable. Ian Gowanloch had some NOS (new old stock) seats but don't know if any left. Vinyl is old on them but they have been kept well. A bit of vinyl care and they come up good. Or you could have it recovered for not that much. They are shaped a little better so you don't get sore between your nuts and freckle over long rides. :thumbup: :D
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

nice bike and even nicer garage :thumbup:
It looks like the bike is missing the rubber frame plugs for the swingarm axle. They are the same as the one on the upper triple tree.
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Post by Andrew2 »

Welcome to the site Mike.You're not the same Icekube from ADV are you?.

Cheers
Andrew
GJB
year: 1989

Post by GJB »

G'day mike she looks nice mate, was it the 907 ie from SA ?
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

Hi, thanks for the comments and welcome.

I purchased the bike locally here in Canberra, of a mate. It's had a bit of a chequered history one way and another, but it goes well and is in good condition. I paid a bit over the odds for it, but I can cope with that. It's had major service just don't, ecu and fuel pump replaced and Ohlins rear suspension.

It' currently unregistered and will stay that way until October. I'm just spending time going through It and cleaning it up. I'll be doing the starter cable upgrade, fitting some quick disconnect valves in the fuel lines an sorting out the inoperative fuel gauge
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

GJB wrote:G'day mike she looks nice mate, was it the 907 ie from SA ?
No. I'd been looking at that and mulling on it for a long time, but then bought this one. I think the one in SA is still sitting there, as it has been for months.

I phoned the place were it's advertised (on consignment), from the description and the pics it looks OK. Odd that it hasn't moved. Or maybe the buyer pool was restricted to me.
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

Andrew2 wrote:Welcome to the site Mike.You're not the same Icekube from ADV are you?.

Cheers
Andrew
Yup, that's me Andrew.
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

paso750 wrote:nice bike and even nicer garage :thumbup:
It looks like the bike is missing the rubber frame plugs for the swingarm axle. They are the same as the one on the upper triple tree.
OK. Thanks, I'll have to add them to the list of things to buy. I'm guessing that thy aren't that critical?
icekube1

Post by icekube1 »

lane1feathers wrote:G'day Mike, she looks real nice and clean. Welcome to the site. Looks like you've got a 906 seat on it. If you can, source a 907...they are more comfortable. Ian Gowanloch had some NOS (new old stock) seats but don't know if any left. Vinyl is old on them but they have been kept well. A bit of vinyl care and they come up good. Or you could have it recovered for not that much. They are shaped a little better so you don't get sore between your nuts and freckle over long rides. :thumbup: :D
OK. How do you spot the difference between a 906 and a 907 seat?

I'll have to get hold of Gowanlochs and see what they have in the way of parts. The thing came with a set of new front indicator lenses, which I'd thought were unobtanium. I suspect they were sourced from Gowanloch.

As far as seats go, I'd like to get a Corbin one day, but that may be a way off. I rode this thing down to Philip Island and back a few years ago and had no nuts issues. Going to do the same this year, so hopefully things won't have changed. :lol:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

I'm guessing that thy aren't that critical?
I guess that depends on how much of a perfectionist you are :truck:
Finding indicator lenses is not that hard. There`s always somebody selling new ones. Unobtanium are the Euro taillight lense or the clear instrument cluster cover and those rubber plugs. (there`s a guy in Germany currently selling some - not me)
fitting some quick disconnect valves in the fuel lines
Don`t get the simple plastic ones. The o-rings often don`t last long and the connectors start to leak. There are better metal versions but they cost a small fortune.
nickta

Post by nickta »

icekube1 wrote: fitting some quick disconnect valves in the fuel lines an sorting out the inoperative fuel gauge
I purchased a few couplings off http://quickcouplings.net/ in the States. I got the LC type couplings. No idea what the difference is between the LC and the MC type? They post to Australia.

Gowanloch's in Sydney have a few parts, but they are not affiliated to Ian Gowanloch (He sold the business complete with the name). Italspares in Adelong (down the road from Canberra) is where Ian does business now. He has a larger range of bits for all Ducati's.

Cheers.

Nick.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Gawd , another Aussie , how many of yiz are there :D bike looks good tho , specially the polished swing arm pivot bolt and nut :-P , seat looks comfy too , there is the odd Corbin ( for a Paso/907 ) on E bay . I got my frame plug things from pay less plastic , Bummings has them too ..........G :) :D
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time