Just changed fuel pipes in the tank now hard starting

discussions specific to the 907IE
hazynut
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Just changed fuel pipes in the tank now hard starting

Post by hazynut »

Hi all I just changed the in tank pipes on my 907ie and now its hard to start, I get it started then it will start fine first touch of the button after shutting it off even after hours but if I leave it for a day its struggles and takes a couple of primes and a bit of turning over to get started, any ideas cheers, it started great before it split the hose in the tank and I replaced it. thanks all re Alistair
du907

Re: Just changed fuel pipes in the tank now hard starting

Post by du907 »

Something to check:

Did you reverse the hoses to the tank on the outside when putting things back together? You mentioned the hose splitting. I'm guessing it was one of the rubber hoses inside the tank. Check the shop manual on this forum site for the proper hose routing, then check what you have. Obviously, if it worked before you "fixed" it, then the problem lies with whatever you have touched, disconnected, or changed.
Happens to me all the time.
Du907
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

sounds like you missed a hose or got the pickup installed wrong or have the external hoses backwords :fart: :wacko: been there done that :beer:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
hazynut

Post by hazynut »

I will check against diagram of what I have done, but I thought putting the external pipes the wrong way would cause the bike not to run at all because of the none return valve for the feed stopping the fuel circuit, or am I wrong in this thinking many thanks all for the help guys