year: 1991

Re: Front Fork Seals rebuild, need a list of parts

Post by DoubleDuc »

DoubleDuc
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DoubleDuc »

"thinking about the comment above about the 900SS seals, I wonder if that is what you got. 41x54x11mm would sit tight on the stanchion tube but loose the slider tube and they`re too high as well."

Maybe, I can't read what's printed on them, but it doesn't appear to be dimensions and all I have is my phone magnifying glass app which doesn't work that great.
du907
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

Doubleduc,
I posted the 900ss seals post. I will get a picture of the seals (on the bike is best I can do). I can't remember exactly, I got my last set from pyramid. The "900ss" seals I'm talking about are the same exact size inside (tube) and same on the outside (leg) as the original seals, they are just a little "taller" hence the reason for not using the washer. The original seals have a more straighter profile of the rubber sweep with the spring visible on the outside. The seals I used look more robust with the rubber sweep more of a cone shape and the spring on the inside, not visible.
The First picture is the OEM seals for a 907ie.
The second picture is just a picture I found on the web, however, it illustrates the point I'm trying to get across.

Original OEM fork seals: straight up rubber, spring on the outside

Similar Seals I used (stock picture, not a picture of the Ducati seals I used): notice the cone shape, taper rubber, spring not visible.