A broken fuel pump....

discussions specific to the 907IE
nickta
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

A broken fuel pump....

Post by nickta »

Hi Guys.

After being in storage for the last 9 months, the 907 Fuel Pump has cried enough and doesn't pump fuel. After a quick search through the 907 forum, I have found most recent posts to the following:

http://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/hi-in-tank- ... er-pi-022/

http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/EnDura ... 576edl.htm

Has anyone had any experience with either of these, or a better alternative?

As always, any assistance and comments are appreciated.

Cheers.

Nick.
katescottageiom

Re: A broken fuel pump....

Post by katescottageiom »

euromotoelectrics very good and responsive. I have one of their pumps, fits and operates as stock. They respond very quickly to any issues. Purchased my "latest" reg/rec from them about a year ago and is functioning. They have a kit which contains flexible in-tank fuel line which I have installed, however I have not been able to seal leaks at the fuel filter and the main line, they are sending a fix, I hope.
nickta

Post by nickta »

Hi everyone.

Thanks to all those that replied. Looks like they are both pretty much the same. In the end I purchased the Euro Motoelectrics version, mainly as it came in a kit with the rubber mount and gauze filter, and it was a direct replacement. I purchased the plastic mounting ring too. While on their site I found these Fuel Filters:

http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/ff-859.htm

They are supposed to be direct replacements, at about half the price. I went mad and purchased half a dozen to see how they go. No sense in wasting the postage!

There were a few others things there that could have gone into the basket, but that will have to wait a bit.

Later.

Cheers.

Nick.
katescottageiom

Post by katescottageiom »

I tried the plastic mounting ring, clips did not fit into my tank mount properly, refitted my old one.
nickta

Post by nickta »

Hi all.

I like to put things out there when it all goes well, so this is no exception.

I put in the order for the Euro Motoelectrics fuel pump after the above post, and all the parts arrived last Thursday. I was expecting a delivery time of anything up to 45 days, so to see them sitting in the mailbox in a couple of weeks was very surprising. It is a credit to Euro Motoelectrics and the US Postal Service to have the parts here so quickly.

Cheers.

Nick.