Rear turn signal source - stock or euro lens

discussions specific to the 907IE
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Rear turn signal source - stock or euro lens

Post by DesmoDog »

I decided today was the day. Time to pull my 907 out of it's slumber. I looked and it hasn't been registered since 2008, so its been sitting for at least that long...

Long story short, when I was moving it I must have caught the right side rear turn signal on something and broke it off of it's stalk. Oops.

So now I have to either find a new stalk for it, or finally track down a Euro lens for it. I already have a Euro tail light for it but like every other one the lens is messed up.

I know, Euro lenses are impossible to find. So I'm back to looking for a US spec stalk.

Anyone out there have a spare they'd let go of? Or know where to look for one?
-Craig
DesmoDog

Re: Rear turn signal source - stock or euro lens

Post by DesmoDog »

Sweet!

I stumbled onto a link for ECS regarding some other parts and figured I'd check for turn signals while I was there. BINGO! They have some rear turn signals in stock (according to their website). I placed the order tonight, hopefully all is well and I'll end up with a new set. I ordered two in case they are different than what I have. Strangely, Ducati has a part number for a left and a right side. I've looked and can not see a difference? Of course I broke the right side and they only have left side part numbers. Maybe it's the lens, I don't know. Whatever, if something close shows up I'll make it work. I really just need he stalk after all.

That's the good news. The bad news is, after getting frustrated with my 996 last weekend (It won't start, electrical issues…) I decided to try to fire up the 907 instead. After at least seven years of sitting, it fired up and ran. That's good, but the bad news is when I got it up to my garage door and shut it off, I heard a hissing sound… turns out it was leaking gas onto the exhaust system! :shock: Fire extinguisher in hand, it cooled off with no drama.

Yikes.

So apparently I also have a fuel leak to deal with when I'm changing the belts…

But I got a lead on a turn signal! :P
-Craig
katescottageiom
year: 1992

Post by katescottageiom »

fuel leak is probably a rusty tank leak, after sitting up that long, that is why my tank is black!
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

katescottageiom wrote:fuel leak is probably a rusty tank leak, after sitting up that long, that is why my tank is black!
I know there is a small crack where the front mount is welded on, so that may have gotten worse. I doubt it's rust though. Water settles to the low spots and it only leaked when running. Also, I already pulled the cap and the interior looks amazingly good for a bike that has sat so long.

The bad news is that ECS discovered their turn signals had deteriorated sitting on the shelf, and all of them have cracked stalks now. If I had been looking for a lens or housing, no problem, but I needed the stalk so I ended up with a refund instead of a new signal. :( No complaints against ECS, this stuff happens and they dealt with it quickly and with no hassle to me.
-Craig
nickta
year: 1992

Post by nickta »

Hi DD.

No luck with the turn signals?

Below is a pic of a Triumph Sprint RS Indicator. It mounts the the guard like the US version of the 907. They use bullet connectors to plug into the main loom of the bike. They are pretty robust and would get you going again.
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG (39.6 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Cheers.

Nick.
DesmoDog

Post by DesmoDog »

Thanks for the lead! I'll check into those.
-Craig