907ie mirrors

discussions specific to the 907IE
duke1313
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

907ie mirrors

Post by duke1313 »

i have seen older posts discussing mirrors and where to get them. wondering if there have been any made or where to get them.
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: 907ie mirrors

Post by englishstiv »

When it comes to mirrors I would like to think I still have pretty much well all there is to know stacked in my brain of little matter?

You can still buy them new from a company called "FAR" in Italy however you will most likely need to put a Dealer order of about 20 units for them to make them. Which is what I did a few years back. There is a company on Ebay in Italy also advertising Mirrors and their mark up is not that bad considering it is only about plus 65%.

I did try to get hold of the original molds from Italy but it would appear Cagiva dumped them when they pulled out of Ducati. I also exhausted all known possible locations thanks to Ducati HQ actually supplying me with all their known Vintage Ducati suppliers and also known locations to where stock was auctioned off to.

They still do come up for sale on the various auction sites around the world.

I have an original pristine untouched and unused pair still wrapped in a box that may one day go off to be copied if it becomes a useful source for replacements.

This will give you an idea on the difference

DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

What happened to our 3d printer member ?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

The turn signal assembly is still listed in the current FAR catalog, so is presumably still available. When buying some many years ago from FAR there was a minimum quantity, so ended up with 5 x off each side. But these are long gone.

Cheers,

Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
ducbertus
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Post by ducbertus »

As far as I know you can buy a single set from FAR. at least that was the situation 3 years ago, when I wrecked my mirrors
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

higgy wrote:What happened to our 3d printer member ?
I'm still here. I hesitate to respond, as 3D printing is not a good alternative for functional parts at times. The best 3D printing option for this would be a process called SLS which would make a nylon part that would be tough enough to actually work on a bike. They would cost about $150 each and would still need a considerable amount of finishing work before paint. I would need the CAD files in STL or STP format to be able to print any. I don't have a good way of reverse engineering a part.

The other formats of 3D printing such as SLA, polyjet, or FDM, would not make a part that would live a decent life. the parts would just be too fragile. Its pretty hard to duplicate a part made with injection molding in ABS.

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
Paso225
year: 1991

Post by Paso225 »

I recently ordered a right mirror assembly from moto-science.com. He has 2 left assemblies (1 painted, 1 unpainted), and an unpainted right assembly. Henri's customer service is excellent (he responds to my e-mails within 15 minutes), and I received the part in 3 days.

http://www.moto-science.com/product/duc ... ror-168990

Additionally, GP motorcycles (where I get my Paso serviced) recently got a bunch of Paso parts. Might be worth checking out.

http://gpmotorcycles.com

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Scott