trailer 91 907ie with stinger trailer

discussions specific to the 907IE

trailer 91 907ie with stinger trailer

Post by 1564 »

picked up bike in L.A. with new stinger fold up trailer, 10 mins from owners house on freeway the passenger side fender bracket cracked allowing fender to roll under tire, causing a lost of control and a potiental accident. using pry bar was able to seperate fender from tire and rim. approxly 4 hrs later same seperate/metal fracture occurred to driver side tire causing lost of control and flat tire. spend the next hour repairing damage and replacing flat with spare tire...has any one experience this with the stinger trailers..new to bike and site :mad:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

no but after hearing your experience I think I will steer clear of them, I hope the Bike was ok? :eek:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

Surely being in the US you'll sue the company for every penny you can? This sounds horrendous esp. with a 907 on board.

Post by 1564 »

update on stinger trailer, contacted stinger company and talked with owner who advised they had a defect causing this condition with several of there first trailers. register owners were sent recall notice and the orginal owner never contacted company in order to effect repair resulting in damage to trailer. owner of stinger company agree to ship updated axle and fenders and spare tire :umm: :umm: :umm: